Thread: Struggling at work!!!!

Default Struggling at work!!!!

Between craving to fall asleep to watching the clock tick down :throw_computer: , i cannot seem to concentrate at work.
    Is anyone else experiencing similar feelings? I'm hoping that I will change as I know feeling like this only makes it worse! It just seems like the days go by so slowly and that the six months to go in the pregnancy will never come to an end!!!

yeah i was struggling too Jan. Just as I was really thinking of quitting, I guess I changed my mind. Now ive been told I dont have a job as of the end of the year and now im worrying! hehe

Just relax, eat small snacks often, drink plenty of water and if you're at a desk, try to put your feet up on a box or something.

HTH

I had so little energy until about 14-15 weeks, and since then I've felt great, so it does improve! And it also started to move a lot quicker after that - over halfway now and there doesn't seem nearly as long to go! I totally know what you mean about it taking forever!

I recall how hard it was like my time at work was constantly trying to work out ways to make time go faster, which only made me concentrate on the time more & maore & make it slower!

I hope it gets better & easier I know it drove me nuts!

I know what you mean Jan, I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes I feel like the days are never going to end! Having said that today I feel great and have more energy than usual so I hope that lasts or else the next 6 months are going to feel like torture.

I hope it gets better for us both!

Yep, I had that too This past week has been MUCH easier though. My boss is very happy to have the old me back - working in finance and not being able to concentrate don't mix!

i had to take 4 weeks off work due to heavy bleeding and my job involves manual labour (mowing lawns, etc).

I went back for 2 days a week as of last week, and I can barely stand it. I'm only on light duties, but I feel just plain out worn out. I came home early today because it was hot and I had a headache from hell, and I felt I could barely lift my arms, let alone clean up lawns and wash windows.

From memory, I begin to feel better around 14-15 weeks also, I hope that happens this time. I am thinking now 'if I feel like this, how the hell am I going to get through labor!' I just feel so unfit and drained.

So, don't worry, it's normal I'd say, but that doens't make it any easier. Bring on mid second trimester!

I understand - i was exactly the same. It eases up the further along you get but having said that i still haven't got the same enthusiasm back - other things to focus on i guess. No i just want my shifts to end because i'm finding it physically tiring - onto light duties next week so hopefully this will help.

I was the same at about 13-164w - just wanted to sleep all the time (I hated it when the phone woke me up!) but now I'm nesting. At work. So I shifted my hours so I could nest at home too. That's taking the form of alphabetising the CDs and DVDs (heaven help DH when he messes them up!) and baking.

I can cope with doing a 10-hour day at work, being bright and cheerful, then coming home, doing dinner and spending the evening with DH. Luckily it's usually just in front of the TV, he's so tired these days. Looks like he's having that pregnancy aspect too, he's so sweet.

Definitely understand where you're coming from Jan. I've cut my hours down by half cos Ijust wasn't coping with tiredness and sickness. The last couple of days though I've felt a lot more energy though so hopefully only another week or so for you and you'll get there.

I know exactly what you mean - I am up and down, some days I'm over it, other days I'm ok and get lots done at work. BUT, I have an end date now so I'm pretty excited about that it's only 5 weeks to go. It is so hard remaining focused at work when you are tired and can't think properly!

I know what you mean too- i hate my job and a lot of my collegues give me the irrates, so it makes the days drag and drag. My energy levels are coming back since I hit about 14 weeks, but still there are times i just want to sleep. And sitting at a desk all day kills my back.
    My DF said i could finish work after Christmas if I wanted to, but I am not due until April and would probably die from bordem.... what to do!?!?!?!
    Must find something else to do that doesnt give me high BP...

I have only just gotten back my energy in the few weeks. I had to go to bed at 8pm up until about 13 weeks, and felt tired all day, but i now have more energy, yay! While i was really tired, the girl who does the same job as me at work was on holidays for 5 weeks so I was effectively doing two jobs - I was so worn out!