Thread: Sweating

Grosby Guest

Default Sweating

Hi All,

I'm just wondering, does anyone else suffer from heavy sweating in the night? Or am I the only one? Lately I wake up and I am sweating quite heavily, and most times too I wake and have kicked the covers off.

Can anyone relate to this?

Thanks,

Emma.

Hi Emma, I'm not pregnant yet but it's something I've been worried about because I wake up at least 2 nights a week fully drenched and I have to change and remove my sheets, so I'm wondering what it's going to be like when I'm (hopefully) pregnant!

I live in Brissy and this time round I have just started noticing that I am getting very hot in the night, although I'm not sweating a lot. Last pg though was in summer and I did a lot of sweating. I'm sure it's all part of the raised body temp thing and perfectly normal.

I've woken up sweaty a few times lately....mostly in my newfound cleavage.....it's nice to finally have a cleavage but not so nice for it to be sweaty!

Grosby I couldn't believe how much I sweated last pregnancy, and it wasnt only during the night. I wouldn't smell at all I would just be very wet and it was very embarressing as I always had wet underarms. I really had to be careful about what I wore. Unfort this hasnt improved after giving birth so am hoping that its not a permanant thing!

Hi,

I have been getting the sweating around the cleavage as well,even though its cold here in melbourne i tend to wake up with a sweaty chest.
    I think its normal and nothing to worry about

Grosby Guest

Oh Good, this is where I have been sweating, and also my legs, I am a natural worrier, but more so in this pregnancy. Thanks for your responses girls.

I got this last pregnancy and its started already now with this pregnancy. I get sweaty around the pubic area! :eek: I guess the sweat is a by-product of cooking that bun!

xox_jessie_xox Guest

omg and here i was thinkin i was the only one who has sweat problems around the pubic area... its like i wake up and it kinda feels like i pee'd myself (sorry if its tmi) but then when i go toilet i realise hey hang on its just sweat again =[

thanks jessie! Feel so much better knowing I'm not alone...there must be more of us out there
    Its re-assuring to know its just a pregnancy thing and it goes away.

tiamiami Guest

Grosby,
    I am also Pregnant with twins. Mine are EDD 1/31/07. I want to wish you luck and also add to your sweating. I am normally a large C cup but being 14 weeks preggo they have grown and boy do they sweat horribly and I can not sleep. I think I wake up 4 or 5 times a night. Is this what you felt??????????? Good luck October is around the corner!!!!

I wake up soaking in the night i'm so hot. I can absolutely relate to that! I've invested in a fan now, which is lovely.

I used to sweat heaps too when pg and yet the pubic area too. I used to rub alittle powder on the tops of my legs groin area to stop the sweat.

Gabysmum, I think you find after giving birth you will sweat a fair bit as well as weeing, this is how the body gets rid of any excess fluid