I think I've been suffering a strain of it for the last 5 weeks now, so I'm not bothering. Might consider it for my asthmatic DD1, but probably not. Its really no different to any other flu, & I think its pretty much done the rounds
My concern with swine flu is not its current rounds, but its potential second wave. From what I have heard, in the outbreak of the Spanish flu, the first wave was relatively mild, much like our swine flu has been (ie- not that much worse as far as mortality than the normal flu), but the second wave was the really deadly one. I am completely unscientific, so I don't understand why this is, but from my (limited) reading, it seems this is a 'common' progression for a virus.
So the only reason I am considering the vaccine is because I have some worries about a possible second wave. But I too am quite concerned about how quickly it has come onto the market. I really want to do some more research on it before I consent to it, and I am very cautious about giving it to DS.
Bookmarks