Thread: Sydney Ladies - Where did you go for 4d Ultrasound?

Default Sydney Ladies - Where did you go for 4d Ultrasound?

Hi All,

Just wanting to know where you ladies got your 3d/4d ultrasounds done. I am wanting to find a place and have one atm - Window to your womb, but want to know of any others.

Thanks,

Hey hun, looks like everything is going well??!!

You ca try sydney ultrasound for women

The san at Wahroonga has it, I'm pretty sure you can book in there, I think it's pretty expensive though.

I went to Sydney Ultrasound for Women in Newtown - but there is another place near Redfern that does them also but for viewing purposes only they don't do anything medical - where as SUFW does it as a proper US - they'll video it for you also but you need to bring in the blank video - well at least this is what they use to do 3 years ago....

Thanks ladies, I have spoken with SUFW, but they dont do it for the morphology scan, yet you still need a referral. They charge $350.00 after medicare rebate it comes down to $285.00. The other one I was looking at Window to your womb seems more value for money, so still thinking of there. They dont give any rebate but also dont require a referral as it is only for looksies. I think it is $265. from memory. Yet I see so many ladies having morphology scans in 3d/4d and are covered by medicare, which is why I wondered where people were going. hehehe.

WOW SUFW are charging that much !! I had a 4d scan with them for both Tehya and Abbey and it was around $260. This was at the Norwest/ Baulkham Hills office. They tell you that you get nothign back from medicare but I went and tried both times and both times I got a rebate. Can't tell you how much though but I "think" it was around $80 back. Still better than nothing. Now they do it for you on a dvd and you get some pictures as well.

Yes I needed a referal for it, but mine was also a 3rd trimester scan. TBH I really wouldn't spend the money on one for a morphology scan. You can't see that much more, the bigger bub is, with more fat under its skin the better the pic. I had both of mine done at 31 weeks. My gf went for hers at 25weeks and was very disappointed.

Tish - Thanks for that. Its good to hear how your GF went having it at 25weeks. I had been thinking of doing it at 24-26weeks, so maybe I should extend it a little. Unfortunately dont want to risk doing it at 30weeks as my pg with DD's they were both close to engaging at that time, so would prefer to get it earlier JIC. I dont want to be disappointed either not being able to see bubs face.

Depends where you live.
    With DS i went to an ultrasound place that was next to the Napean Hospital in Penrith. They charged $250 and you get alot back from medicare that way. You can get a dvd of the scan for an extra $5.

With this pregnancy i went to Sydney Pregancy & Ultrasound For Women in Windsor. They claim from medicare on behalf of you and only charged $70 on the day. I had 3 scans with them and they did 3D/4D every time for us. They also will give you a DVD of your scan for $10.

Hi Kell, just wondering what the Ultrasound place was called next to Nepean Hospital? Do you remember? I was thinking of giving them a call. Thanks for giving me another place to think of.

Hey hun..

Off the top of my head i couldnt tell you but luckily i kept my diary from the year Jesse was born!
    Its called Penrith Ultrasound For Women.. address is 1A Baber Ave, Kingswood. Ph: 4721 2195.

I went there in 2006 but im guessing theyd still be there as they were in the grounds of the Nepean Hospital. I was wrong with the costs actually.. my notes say it cost $180 plus $5 for the dvd so even better. Not sure how much it would be now but yeh.

Best of luck hun.

I went there too Csab, and they were great.

Kell - Thanks so much hun, I will give them a call.

Kim - Thankyou too, How is everything with you? Is everything ok?

Kell, Kim - I just called them and they are $190.00 with a medicare rebate of $85.00 and only $5.00 for the DVD. Now after I have my u/s at the hospital I am hoping that I can get a referral from my GP to have the u/s done there to maybe check other things. Fingers crossed. Thanks Ladies..

No worries!
    Yep thats what i did this pregnancy. Did my normal scan at 19 weeks and then just got a referral from my doctor for a gender scan. My doctor was fine with that. Just told him they couldnt tell what the sex was and we really want to know... even though we just wanted to confirm it was was girl

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellxx View Post
    No worries!
    Yep thats what i did this pregnancy. Did my normal scan at 19 weeks and then just got a referral from my doctor for a gender scan. My doctor was fine with that. Just told him they couldnt tell what the sex was and we really want to know... even though we just wanted to confirm it was was girl

Best of luck.

I know this is an OLD thread, so sorry for bumping it backk up... But I am going to Penrith Ultrasound, and I was curious if its possible to have a referral for a gender scan? If so, what do I say to the doctor?

I'm only 16 weeks, so I am going in for an dating ultrasound, but I am pretty sure my dates are right, or only a couple days off... Are their 3D machines good? Was it worth the price?

I live a bit far away from the ultrasound place, and I will have to catch public transport in the heat. I am really desperate to find out the baby's sex... So I will be greatful for ANY information.

Thanks

You actually have a routine scan around 18 weeks anywhere where they can usually find out the sex then for you. The 3D/4D is more for you to see bubs as a 3D image. They usually prefer to determine the sex by the 2D format. So its prob not really worth your while if thats the only reason you want the 3D iykwm.
    Um as what to say to your doctor.. you should get a referral from your midwives or OB anyways around that time to get a scan done, as i said you have one at 18 weeks anyways for them to check out bubs heart and other inside stuff. So maybe ask at your next appointment?