Thread: TakeAway Food

Question TakeAway Food

Friday night for us is takeout night (yumyum)! Just wondering what take away food is okay during pregnancy?

I'm probably not the right person to ask, I ate just about everything :-) I think it is best to make sure it's freshly cooked and prepared and make sure everything is cooked thoroughly.

yeah i eat alot of takeaway food lol just make sure u don't get anything thats been sitting there too long, if its not fresh or hot don't eat it take it back and ask them for a fresh one.. thats all i really know i guess just trust ur instincts if its not cooked properly or something don't eat it but apart from that as fa as i know takeaway is fine

Well some would say that no take away food is good while you are pregnant.

But if you are going to eat it stay away from kebabs as they are often a danger to non pregnant people.

Also make sure you stay away from soft serve ice cream & shakes that are made with it.

*TamaraP* Guest

I just made sure Alan got me a freshly made burger. That was he knew it was fresh and so did I.

I have the same every Friday, a large cheeseburger meal with mc chicken sauce at maccas, but I have eaten everything from subway to chinese and no probs yet.

I ate fast food during my pregnancy. I asked them to make me a fresh one, or I asked for say a burger without something, or with something extra on it so they HAD to make it fresh for me, lol.

I was advised its ok in small amounts and to not go eating it several times a week as its generally quite high in salt and fat.

Thanks guys.
    I got Dh to get Big Mac no cheese last night. He got home and although they had their grill sticker on it the idiots had put cheese in it anyway! Not happy! I was so looking forward to it!

Pizza is good cause the ham is cooked

I'd probably steer clear of Chinese food because of the MSG in it (ooooh, now I feel like Chinese for dinner!)

u can always ask the place specifically not to put msg i have heard

I wouldn't worry about msg in just chinese, you will find msg in most foods that you can buy from the supermarket, anything that is processed tends to contain it, pretty hard stuff to avoid really..

I have fast food atleast once a week. Ohhh I thought that was a fantastic trick, changing the order of the burger slightly to get a fresh one. That was until I spoke to my BIL's friend who worked at McDonalds and they just take a ready made burger and add or take whatever you have ordered. CRUMBS!

Maybe try to order it without a sauce, it is hard to remove sauce, a sudden allergy to tomatoes me thinks