Thread: Tea Tree Mattresses??

Default Tea Tree Mattresses??

Hi, I just gave birth to my beautiful boy last week and I have been wondering about tea tree mattresses.

I have one for his bassinette and its not hard like a matress but it is breathable.

Has anyone got any info about them and whether they are safe for babies?

Many thanx.

Maybe check out the SIDs website. I am sure tehy would have some info on them. I am pretty sure my sister used one. I dont know how comfortable I would be about using one though.

Thats all I have used with my babies. As long as they are kept clean there is no real issue with them. I think their fantastic, nice and snuggly for bubs.

We used one for Amy and found it great when she was a newborn.

We used a tea-tree snugglebed for Zander on top of his regular mattress. From what I have heard they are very good for babies.

I thought that's all you were meant to use. My Mum told me about them and said that is the best sort to get.

I have been lookin gonthe net to see if I could find any info about using tea tree mattresses. I am not that savy at internet searches so maybe someone can look further into this. I found a site (american i think) that mentioned something about Tea tree bark producing a toxin. But it didn't go into it in detail as it was actually an artical about sheep skin.

But I did find that using Sheep skins is defently not recomemnded for babies under 12 months. especially from an asthma point of veiw.