Thread: telling people how many weeks

Default telling people how many weeks

this is just trivial, but i was wondering how accurate you all are when you tell people your dates, and when you round it up etc.

for example, every monday is when i become another week pg. so at the moment i am 23w5days. but as of friday if people ask, i say 24 weeks, cause i figure i am closer to 24 than 23 at that time.

does this make sense? just wondering what you all do?

Linda

Hi - my weeks tic over on a Saturday - so, on sun, mon tues - I say that 'i'm just over X (the saturday before) weeks' and on wed, thur, fri - I say 'I'm almost X (the next saturday) weeks'.

Do you get to a stage where you loose track of exact weeks and just say 'around so many weeks' ?

Barb.

yep, same as Barb, mine ticked over on a Thursday, so I'd say I'm jsut over xx weeks on fri, sat, sun - as of mon I'd say I'll be xx weeks on thurs.

that sounds like a good way to put it.

barb - no i havent lost track of weeks yet!! way too consious of it all the time to possibly lose track!!

then there is the other hard part - changing weeks into months. before being pg, i would have always said 4 weeks equals one month. that is so not true!!! 20 weeks is not 5 months!! all a bit confusing really!!

Linda

Linda, my week ticks over on a Friday so the closer i am to a Friday, i then mention im that many weeks pregnant. So today being Sunday i would say im 21 weeks pregnant rather than 22 weeks. All so confusing, i agree ](*,) .

Also my mum always wants to refer to things in months, so i hate it when i have to convert. When i turn 22 weeks i would consider myself 5 months pregnant.

Melody Guest

Linda my OB has moved my dates around a bit so I am 'officially due' on the 17th of August which makes me nearly 34 weeks. Basically when people ask I just say 'Oh, around 33/34 weeks' I always round it out to a two week period.... the baby will decide for you anyway & dates are really only crucial when you go over so don't get too confused

I always seem to round up for some reason. It is silly really. I click over on a saturday so if it is thrus or friday i round up.

Yup I was the same - ticked over on a Saturday & if it was Thursday/Friday I would say however many weeks I was on the Saturday. Otherwise I would say what I had changed to the last Saturday.

OMG that was long-winded 8-[

oh good, it sounds like everyone does something similar to me! i guess i feel a bit like i am cheating when i round it up!! 8-[ every day counts!!!

Linda

hehehe - very important stuff here ! It's the same when they're born - up until the first month or so, I would say how old she was in days - like when we had the photo with father christmas she was 17 days old. (he was the best FC ever, Cait was asleep and he pretended to be asleep too. I thought it would just take a second but he went on a bit about new life and stuff, he was really nice)

Then its weeks for a while and then over to months.

Barb.

oh barb, your right! i didnt even think about it continuing after birth!! this rounding off business is going to be happening for a while!!

Linda

I say just over or almost x weeks too. What is really annoying is people asking when I'm due. At the moment I say early Feb and they always ask for a specific date. So then I give them both dates I have been given so far. THAT confuses them!

Linda i was exactly the same as you. I ticked over on a friday and as of the monday past i would calculate myself being the next week as i figured as you do that i was closer to the next week.