Thread: Thank You Sandra in Sunbury, Vic

Smile Thank You Sandra in Sunbury, Vic

First, the background..
    Yesterday I decided to walk into town from my house (its quite a few k's) for an appointment at 10.30am. I left home about 9.40 and started off, feeling okay. The same walk the day before had only taken me about 40 minutes, so I thought I'd be sweet. Not so. Combine all the smoke hanging over Melbourne from the bushfires (good luck to all the Lady and Gentlemen Firefighters, I hope you get it all under control soon!) with the growing heat (it only ended up at around 25) I nearly expired before I got to my appointment, and so stopped in at the Information Booth on the main street through Sunbury. I used their phone book as I didn't have the number for my appointment.
    Sandra the lady working there at the time comforted me, offered me a cool drink of water (but I already had one with me), and chair, tissues cos I had a bit of a cry, and a cup of tea and biscuits while I recovered.
    It took me about half an hour to feel almost normal, and I just wanted to say a public thank you to Sandra for helping me when I was a bit silly. I should have taken the bus, or stopped walking earlier. And also, if anyone is passing through Sunbury, drop into the Tourist Info Centre, they are so genuinely friendly and kind in there!
    I'm not sure if this was the right place to put that, but I just wanted to make it known of the kindness of some strangers.
    I have another appointment today at 10.30, and I am now off to get ready for the bus!

Netix, what a lovely story. Doesn't it bring tears to your eyes just to know there are so many caring people out there. I was amazed at how helpful people were when I was pg. Now when I am out with both boys people are still helpful. The trolley boy helped me get my groceries into the car from the trolley the other day without me asking for help. This sort of thing restores your faith in human kind, doesn't it!

Best of luck to you.