Thread: Are these BHs?

Default Are these BHs?

I don't think I had braxton hicks with my boys so I am not sure if this is what I am feeling now.
    Basically I get like a tightening feeling (but can't actually feel my stomach tightening if I put my hand on the area). Its not painful as such but more like a tight pressure. No real pattern to it but have just noticed it more over yesterday & today. Probably first noticed it happening about a week ago while I was in bed before I got up. Once I had got up & been to the toilet it went away.

So are these BHs do you think?

ETA: Also yesterday & today I have been rather uncomfortable, like the baby is pushing up higher & I look alot more pg then I did a few days ago, getting lots of comments about how pg I look all of a suddon.

skorpy Guest

You cant always actually feel Braxton Hicks.Some woman feel them different then others.I can actually feel my tummy tighten and slight discomfort in the lower ab area.And my belly feels like rock when touching it.If your belly feels tight one minute and not the next,then yes it is probably Braxton Hicks.

Fiona,

I didn't really feel BH when I was pg with Charlie, but I did feel them a lot from about 26 weeks with Olivia.

From what you have described, it does sound like BH.

My best descriptin would be this......you know when you are really thirsty and you drink from a water bottle really fast, the bottle shrinks inwards? Imagine that being done on your belly......that is what BH felt like for me!! LOL!

skorpy Guest

Good way of putting it Lucy lol.

But yea ,it feels kinda like that.Your whole belly tightens/tenses

btw Lucy is your Ticker correct ,it says your 32 weeks ,yet you got your due date as October lol...or am i losing it
    Last edited by skorpy; July 29th, 2006 at 06:10 AM.

I didn't get any bh's with my other PG's either. What you're describing is what I've had but now mine are getting much stronger.
    I can feel them coming on and in a way it reminds me of the let down reflex. I had those really strong all through breast feeding both the boys. I know not everyone feels a let down with b/f so you may not have had that one either.

As well as the tightening, I get a hot flush and lose my breath a bit. By the end of the day or if I'm feeling really tired I have a bit of pain with the bh which extends down my groin and thighs too.

Sammi, thats exactly hoiw they feel for me. My tummy can also feel warm but not always.

Skorpy.........I have no real idea when I am due......this pregnancy was not planned, LOL, I was BF and on the pill, with no AF dince about 2 years ago, so I have been given a date range of 22.9.06 - 7.10.06......so I think my ticker is the first date.......sorry, a bit unco in my sig......I shoudl fix it up......

I've been having these for the last 2 days too. I feel a bit uncomfortable and then put my hand down to my belly & it has gone rock hard.

I find I get them when I am leaning back and relaxing...ie if I am leaning back on the couch. Makes me feel a bit breathless. But if I stand up or lean forward, then they seem to abate a bit?

I didn't know that some people didn't get BHs! Thats amazing.
    It sounds to me like BH's. I used to find my belly go rock hard, and everything would go tight - like a muscle being flexed.
    They used to happen for me after I had done something energetic in the earlier days (20-35w pg) but after that I just used to get them all the time regardless of what I was doing.

skorpy Guest

I think everyone gets BH,because its getting your body ready for the real thing later on,just that some mums cant feel them.

Unlike the rest of us,we can feel when our stomach tenses and when it relaxes/loosens again.

Lucy ~ I had to ask about your Ticker,just being nosey i suppose..and i was curious.

I did already post this but it seems to have vanished??

Anyway, What confuses me is that my stomach doesn't go hard at all when they happen. I wonder if I just pulled something from coughing & blowing my nose so much! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I find I get them when I am leaning back and relaxing...ie if I am leaning back on the couch. Makes me feel a bit breathless.
    You should avoid doing that anyway. I was told it encourages the baby to be postieria. I use to sit like that all through Glenns pg cuz he was pushing so much on my sternium It felt like he would snap it off. He was postieria & Midwife friend told me sitting like that was probably the worse thing I could have done.

Hang on just re read what I quoted. Now just to be clear I would actually sit with my bum on the edge & lean right back with a pillow under my back, so I was kinda arching back KWIM???

Yeah, I get you Fiona..........I sat like that with my pregnancy with Olivia and from 25 weeks and the BH, had to stop all together, and when I was pg with Charlie and with this pregnancy I realise how bad it must be, so sit toally differently on the couch now..........

I've been getting BH since about 20 weeks! tummy goes rock hard, was told the more active you are the more BH you wil have, i have been told i have an irritated uterus according to midwife, they can sometimes be painful, but mainly just uncomfrtable