Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: transition?

Yep i too remember saying i had had enough and I wanted to go home because I didnt want to do it anymore lol. In the end I had the midwives laughing their heads off I was told because I was in that much pain, I was cracking jokes that were so sarcastic to the midwives and my poor DP or something lol. Im hoping this time round I can go without pain relief again but Im so scared because I know what to expect LOL

One of the posters on the previous page mentioned sleeping through transition - that isn't an uncommon scenario either.
    I have personally experienced this with my first baby. It was a very loooong and arduous labour and my dilatation was checked and I was 9 cms. I had all the signs of transition - agitation, contracting frequently, wanted to go home! Then I had nothing - no contractions for close to an hour - I dozed and was woken with the unmistakeable urge to push. I think I was given this time to recoup and regroup before the next marathon!!!
    I haven't experienced it with any of my other labours just that first, very long and hard labour...

Flowerchild
    It's great when that happens. You wake up with that extra energy. OB's don't like it though, they satat talking about failure to progress, vacuum, forceps, and even C/S

No some doctors don't like it at all you are right Alan! My experience was "let's take you to theatre because nothing is happening". I had the blessing of a midwife who advocated for me - and of course my own knowledge and trust that my body was doing what it should.

Of course plenty was happening - my body and mind was resting for the work ahead!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12