Thread: TTC and a bad head cold

Red face TTC and a bad head cold

Hey there All

Just wondering if having a pretty bad head cold could hinder our chances of falling pregnant this month??

Has anyone got pregnant whilst sick?? Does anyone know if your immune system can play havoc with your success rate??

We're in our 1st month of TTC #2 - so fingers crossed we may get some success...who knows, the odds are 50/50.

TIA

Dianna - I would say there is still a good chance you can fall pregnant, it just depends how tired your body is and that's a hard one as we don't know that... I would say have plenty of vitamin c, fruit and veges, rest up as much as you can (in between tee hee) and see what happens....
    I got sick in one of my cycles ttc and we didn't conceive but it may not have been because i was sick, it's hard to say.... Good luck anyway!! I'm sure many women fall pregnant when they're sick.

Hi Dianna

I conceived with a head cold this time around - and it lingered on for 2 weeks and still all was fine.

If your body is ready it will happen - but unfortunately chances they are say ar 25 - 30% per cycle of falling pregnant depending on age and how long you have been TTC.

I have been lucky and fall pregnant fairly easily, so good luck in your journey.

Take care
    Sam

If I get a cold I try to stick to natural remedies where possible. I make a roast & bake whole cloves of garlic (good antioxidant too). I've never been told I smell like garlic - I usually buy really fresh organic garlic and it tastes so sweet and yummy. Then after dinner or through the day have a honey & lemon drink (not that crap in a sachet) use at least 1-2 lemons & a nice tea spoon of honey. Vitamin C will be good for you.

I think the worst part about over the counter meds is that they dry you up and that includes your cm.

Never say never though I say. Anything is possible in the world of ttc.

Good luck - hope you get rid of the cold and get a BFP!
    Last edited by AJC; February 17th, 2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: said to put garlic instead of honey in the lemon drink - ick!

Our 1st pregnancy we conceived 1st month, this time around we both had colds 1st month and no success, then got bfp 2nd month when we were over our colds.

thanks for the feedback - I'm still feeling awful - to the point I'm now on Anti-biotics (reluctantly) but I seem to be getting worse - Oh well we'll see what happens in 2 weeks - luckily enough DH didn't cop it so that means it's only me doing the suffering.

Also in regards to Natural Remedies that's pretty much all I use up until I can't handle it anymore - we consumed 3 bulbs of garlic in 3 days in this house (no vampires here) and I'm downing the lemon tea like it's going out of fashion. LOL as far as DH is concerned the deed is done - so we'll just sit back and see.

Thanks for all the well wishes