Thread: Twins baby shower

Red face Twins baby shower

I am going to be hosting/organising a baby shower for my girlfriend who has just found out she is expecting twins! I am sooo excited and want it to be really special for her. I also want her to receive practical gifts - not a thousand yellow singlets IYKWIM!

Does anyone have any idesa for cool ideas for a twin baby shower:

- games
    - gifts
    - themes (other than double trouble!)

Thank you!!

I've been to lots of baby showers in the past few months. We didnt really have time to play any games, cos everyone was so busy catching up it had been a while!

Do you know the sex of the bubbas? It might make it a bit easier if you do for theme wise

The list of things we could possibly buy were:

Bottles, sterlizing equipment (depends on their preference to Breastfeed or bottle) Also, if you know they are going to bottle feed, perhaps some tins of formula?
    manicure set,
    brush set,
    cot set,
    sheet set, .
    baby shampoo, cotton balls, baby wash, wipes etc (I spent $300 on baby products for the twins & I had 2 gorgeous sized gift baskets ),
    rocker,
    onesies,
    baby monitor,
    highchair,
    cots (yes, these people asked for a cot!)
    lambs wool,
    muslin wraps,
    snuggle blankets,
    baby bath & stand,
    baby towels/face washers,
    change table,
    Drawers for the bubbas
    change mat,
    bath support (the thing that goes inside the baby bath),
    nightlight,
    play mat gym type thing that goes on the floor,
    small first aid kit,
    porta cot,
    baby sling,
    baby seat,
    pram,
    a mozzie net, rain cover,
    a gift voucher

When i went to my cousins baby shower (expecting twins also) her aunty had bought 4 boxes of each size huggies nappy there was!

Good Luck and I hope you have fun!!

i would make it a nappy party
    we went through 150 nappies per week when our twins were newborns!!!

what about a noah's arc theme- two by two!!
    also maybe memberships to local MBA club and ABA would be a great present!!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Love the noahs ark theme idea!!!!!!

Nappies are awesome idea as they are $$$$, if she wants to use cloth maybe find out some of the better brands and either get her a voucher for online store or people buy 1 or 2 for her but differnt brands.

Meals for freezer
    Swing
    boucncer
    moniter

I also think a nappy party is a great idea, I kinda think most people have almost everything by the time the baby shower comes around... I know if I was having one the only things we would really like (but don't really need right now) is a porta cot, play gym thingo and a high chair, anything else would just be taking up space KWIM. Nappies are going to be needed and cost heaps We are planing to use cloth so if your friend is too I was thinking if there is a local laundry service everyone could pitch in and pay for that? or could all the ladies who want to help out each do one day a week or fortnight for the 1st couple of months? mind you I wouldn't really want anyone else washing my babies dirty nappies lol but maybe if I bundled up our regular clothes into washing loads I wouldn't mind a laundry service picking them up and dropping them back clean then I'd just be washing the dirty cloth nappies instead of all the nappies and all the regular washing. Another great gift would be for everyone to pitch in for a cleaner for few months.... What a dream to know a cleaner would be coming once a week for a couple of hours to do the floors, bathrooms and whatever else. oh gosh I'd LOVE that and I'm only having one bub

rhyb Guest

I never had a baby shower for any of my kids but yeah nappies are a killer with multiples. We go through a ridiculous amount of cloth nappies and have to wash daily. One of the most valuable things to me was having people who were willing to watch the kids every now and then (even for an hour!) so I could do food shopping alone or go to the gym or just not be mum.
    Another thing is later on if they end up in SCBU/NICU if you take pics of them for mum. I forgot to but luckily the lovely Amy_o did it for me

Quote Originally Posted by *det* View Post

what about a noah's arc theme- two by two!!
    also maybe memberships to local MBA club and ABA would be a great present!!!
    two great ideas, I always give the membership to people having their first baby!

Two by two is such a respectful way of celebrating twins, not the double trouble!

A breastpump?
    Massage voucher
    Voucher to Mother s Direct or somewhere else for nice BF clothes
    casseroles!
    baby carrier (Close Carrier)

rhyb Guest

There are twin carriers as well JIC you were wondering. I *think* you can also use to ring slings at once but dont quote me on it
    A great site is think twins

Awesome ideas ladies!!! Thank you! Keep them coming though!

I love the Noah's Arc theme and the nappy idea. I also like the cleaning idea too - will see what we can do. She will find out sex but not yet - only 13 weeks or so. I plan on having baby shower quiet early though cause you never know with twins when they are going to make an appearance!

I hosted a baby shower for my gf with her twins and we bought her a big OiOi nappy bag becuase she had to carry twice as much (just about)!! Also nappies are a great idea not just tiny ones either, though with twins they are likely to be a bit smaller for a little while.
    the Noah's ark theme is very cute.