Thread: U2 concert in 3rd Trimester!

Default U2 concert in 3rd Trimester!

I'm going to the U2 concert in Brisbane on Tuesday night, I'll be 31 weeks!! I'm going to wear an extra jumper or two around my belly, and my seat is at the far end of the stadium, I couldn't get much further from the stage/speakers... anybody think this will hurt the baby? My doctor didn't seem too worried about it but I am a real worry wort...

Nah, I would think bubs is pretty well insulated from the sound...? I guess you will just have to refrain from throwing your body around too much if you get the urge to dance!

Nah, it will be fine!! I hope you have a great time...ps I'm jealous!! You can pick me up on your way if ya want....lol.

Your littl'n will be so fine! Might wiggle to the tunes!! Just maybe refrain from the whole crowd surfing thing!!

Hi jja
    I'm going to U2 on Friday in Sydney. I'm only 8 wks preg but woried about m/s...well the all day type!! Hoping I won't need to spend most of my night in the toilets or trying not to feel sick!!
    Hope you have a great night and good luck with your birth!!

I am going to see Pearl Jam on Tuesday... I asked my midwife and she said the worst thing to worry about is the price of water!!! She said to keep my fluids up and to enjoy the concert... she said that the baby will love it too
    I hope you and your bubba have a great time at U2.

Hello - I think it's great - your bubba will be born with excellent taste in music!! LOL
    :-)

I had a bit of a stress about the exact same thing, so I know where you're coming from. After the fact, I asked my Dr if I could have done any damage to bub & he said that there is plenty of insulation there, he would have heard it, but not anywhere near as loud as we could.

Enjoy!

I went pubbing at about 26w, and the baby rocked on all night. Your midwife is right - I was being charged $2.80 for each glass of sodawater!!!
    You might be tired a little earlier than normal, but I think the adrenaline of seeing them will keep you going through the night.
    Have a blast!

Well I thought I should report back ... it was great!!!!! I put a doubled-over towel and then a folded up jacket over my belly. Baby kicked a bit at first but settled down after a while. Was a lot more active when I was trying to sleep in bed that night though. When I put my hands over my ears it didn't sound painfully loud (although you could still even understand the words) which is about what I figure the baby was getting.

Will have to buy the vertigo dvd so we can show little one the concert he went to

Some friends of mine with a 1yo were also going, the 1yo got left with babysitters. As we were leaving, my friends were pretend-teasing him that our baby was going to the concert but he wasn't allowed!!

Also, I saw a baby at the concert - it had ear muffs (as in the industrial type) on!
    Last edited by jja; November 10th, 2006 at 12:23 PM.

Hehehe, maybe put an ear plug in your belly button!

how exciting!
    i am going to the melbourne concert on sunday night, will be 22 weeks.... i hadn't thought about the sound being an issue, was more concerned with whether our tickets were general admission, or seating... as i wouldn't have wanted to be in gen admission for fear of getting knocked or something.... anyways we are in seats, right up the top of the stadium, so shouldn't be any issues there!!

woo hoo!

em.. Guest

hey emma1979 i might see you there, i am going with hubby on sunday night as well, and am really looking forward to it... as long as not to tired... at this stage i will be 34 weeks,,, but we also have seats so that will be good, although cant remember where they are,... will have to remember about the hydrated thing, just worried if drink to much will need to pee to many times during the concert...and miss too much...
    but i think my next concert will be even more interesting, robbie williams at 38.5 weeks.. bubs better stay put till then will be upset if i cant go...

liz

My twins love music as I love seeing bands and listening to music.whilst in utero they went to green day,foo fighters twice,the white stripes and kisschasy.And that was the first 4 months.They are 14 weeks now and love listening to Eskimo Joe and Bernard Fanning...think I've got two little groupies on my hands..lol.

hahahha - EM - u are so brave going to Robbie at 38 weeks!! hehehehe I am such a scaredy cat I don't know how far from the house I will venture!! (of course I will most likely feel differently when the time comes, it all seems so scary at the moment).

hope u have a great time at both the concerts! i agree, am worrying about drinking too much as i dont want to always be going to the toilet and having to push past people in their seats, urrrgh!