Thread: Ultrasound at 11 weeks

Default Ultrasound at 11 weeks

Hi everyone,

i just went to my first obstetrician appointment yesterday and when he was checking me over he did a quick ultrasound in his office to check the growth of the baby etc. I could see the heart beating and everything looked absolutely wonderful. But here is where I get slightly neurotic - my baby seemed to be very lazy - not moving around much at all. I know it sounds crazy that I should be worrying - as i keep on telling myself that if there were any problems my doctor might have indicated that there were. I just remember with my first pregnancy I had to have an early ultrasound because I had some bleeding and my daughter was practically doing somersaults. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Or can someone just please tell me I am neurotic and to stop worrying. (Why do we worry so much?)

Thanks
    Alphia

Hi Alphia,
    Stop worrying!!! I am sure bubs is fine, as you said Dr would have let you know. If it is an 11 week scan, i dont think that it would be doing too much down there yet anyway!!!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Hi Alphia

Dont worry hun. Babies dont usually move much at that age

HI Alphia,

i had exactly the same thing when i went for my first Ob appointment, i was 10 weeks 3 days and the baby did not move at all, the ob said that they dont normally move much at that age anyway and not to worry, there was a heartbeat and thats all that mattered, he also said that if i hadnt eaten for an hour or two that would affect the babys movements too.

Please dont worry, i spent ages worrying about it and now my baby doesnt stop moving!!!

Thank you everyone for your reassuring words. It is always nice to hear that others have experienced similar things. I finally calmed myself down by the end of the day and rationalized everything out. I have the tendency to react emotionally first and after I have tortured myself my brain finally kicks in.

Thanks again
    Alphia