Thread: Ultrasounds

kirsty Guest

Default Ultrasounds

Okay so are you someone who can understand what is seen on the screen (especially when you aren't having a 3D one) or do you need to have it all explained to you??

Were/ are you happy with your scans, do you think you were told enough information or had what you were seeing explained properly?

We had our first early scan yesterday & it amazes me what the guy could actually pick up. What to us looks like a fuzzy out of focus TV screen he was seeing heartbeats & starts & finishes to bubs.

I mean I know they have to know what they are looking for but I just find it amazing.

With Lily I had my first u/s at 13 weeks, so your could tell what was what. The actual screen though was very clear. We got some really really good photos, unlike someone i know who had a scan done at the same week i was and you could hardly tell it was a baby in the photo. They explained a lot too, which i liked, i was happy. I hope next time it's just as good.

When I had my 12 week and 19 week u/s's done I could pretty much distinguish what was what. The u/s guy was very good though and he did explain everything to us.

It is definitley amazing at times what they can tell. I am always amazed how they do the NF test.

I couldnt tell what was on the screen at all!! And as a real pessimist I sometimes had a hard time believing that it was actually what they told me LOL (I'm awful hey?) I loved hearing the hearbeat most of all, oh and once 'speck' had her hands over her eyes and it was just the cutest thing ever!

The 19w one was clearer than the 12w, but they were done at different places. When I watched the DVD of the 19w one, I took my time looking, and could see things a lot clearer. When the sonographer was pointing out.. look.. it's definitely a boy.. I just couldn't see it. LOL. But now I can see it clear as day on the dvd. Seeing the little hands & feet, and the wierd little ultrasound face was all pretty clear.

I didn't have a 12w u/s but I had the 18w one.

I had absolutely no idea what half the things were!! I could tell the face, spine & heart, other than that not a clue until I was told then I thought "oh yeah I can see that"! But the when i was toldit seemed pretty obvious, especially when we were told he was a boy LOL!

Fee Guest

I had my first scan at 9w6d and the OB explained everything on screen - he pointed out the head, arms, legs, ear, heart beating etc. It was so amazing! But I could pretty much understand what was what for myself.

I am looking forward to my scan next week as the baby will be much bigger.

I really couldn't see what was going on until it was pointed out to me. Matthew kept moving so things kept moving all over the place for us.

At the early ultasounds I needed it explained but when we had one at 30 weeks (just a couple of days ago) it was so easy to see the little ones face and its hands waving around. We both fell in love on the spot - it looked so cute.
    I still don't know how they could tell the differance between placenta and uterus. It all looked grewy to me.