Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsure. Opinions?

Default Unsure. Opinions?

Hello, as you can tell I am new to all this and requiring some help/opinions and very much needed advice. (I have read several other threads realting to the same sort of thing but still wanted to hear advice!)

My period is approximatley 2 weeks late, I have been getting cramps like it's coming for the last week and a half. I have tender nipples to touch and am just feeling generally different - I cant pin point how/where. Yesterday (morning) and this morning I have woken up feeling pretty nauseas, thankfully no vomitting. I have been tired and very stressed - I am putting that down to the recent purchase of a house.

Today I did a Clearblue pregnancy test. I am unsure if you are familiar with them but an addition sign is positive and a subtraction sign is negative (obviously!) The line for pregnant was very blue but the other light to make the addition sign complete was very very faint. So my partner and I were unsure with the result and went and got another one (not sure on the name) which produced one dark pink line and another very light pink....so HELP!!

Am I doing these incorrectly or am I pregnant or whats going on - I'm so confused and dont want to go to the doctor if I am just doing these things wrong and getting paranoid over nothing!

Thanking you for any help in advance.

On the instructions most tests say if you can see the line and an arms length away then it is positive. It depends on how much HCG you have in your system as to how dark the line is. My suggestion is to restest again in 2-3 days but it definitely sounds promising.

Love

Hi Susan,

First of all welcome to BB. I am sure you will love it here.

Like Kathryn has said if you can see it at arms length away then its positive. I would re test in a day or 2 and see if the line gets any darker.

I know for myself I always got a fairly faint line on hpts, no matter what brand.

Good luck, hopefully you will have some good news for us soon.

hi susan, and welcome to BB =)

i got the same results when i tested myself earlier this year. my period was about 2 weeks late but not wanting to get my hopes up, i just left it... until DH couldn't bear the suspense anymore and went out and bought me a twin pack of testers (can't for the life of me remember the brand though).

i did one test one morning and got the result you got... so we used the second tester the next morning and got the same result. DH was pretty sure it was a positive as his SIL got the same result early last year when she fell pregnant. best thing to do is just go to the docs and get a blood test done. that's what i did and as you can see, i'm very pregnant now
    :smt041

all the best and i hope you get some good news soon.

Hi Susan,
    Again welcome to BB.
    It sounds like you are pregnant. Apart from the late period, tender nipples and nausea are classic symptoms.
    On most of the tests I used they said that faint lines are usually postive but your hormones are still low. Perhaps you should try one of the early pregancy tests?
    I used about 8 tests in all. I kept trying and they kept on coming up negative, one was very faint though but I know I was definately pregnant!! And as you can see I am! I did one of a saturday night it was negative and on the sunday morning it was very very postive.. it was at this stage I gave up, went to the Dr and had a blood test!

sounds like you are to me! i wouldnt feel silly at all going to your dr now. if i were you i would go and get it confirmed.

all the best, and welcome to bb,

hope to hear some good news from you soon!!

Linda

Kirsty77 Guest

Congratulations Susan!!!SOunds like your going to be a Mummy!!!!!!A second line is a line, faint or not!!!!!!!!!!!

angel_eyes Guest

I'd head off to the doctor if I were you.

Sore breasts were one of the very early signs for me.

BTW welcome.

Congratulations Susan, sounds like it's a BFP for you.

Look forward to hearing the good news very soon.

Take care Leah

Well, you guys were right.

We went to the doctor this morning - and yep, 7 weeks along according to her. And I think the shock/worry has finally worn off and my boyfriend and I are getting quite excited about it all.

So, be prepared for many a stupid question coming from my direction - as I know nothing!

Congratulations Susan

I wish you a very H&H pg.

Congratulations, and remember that everyone is new to pregnancy at sometime

Congratulations on your pregnancy Susan!!

congratulations Susan! wishing you a very H&H pregnancy!

:happy4u:

Jacky Guest

=D> Congratulations Susan!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your DP Susan.I wish you a very H&H pgy.
    Take care and enjoy the ride!
    Kas

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes - I think I would be enjoying the experience a whole lot more if I felt a bit better - the last three days I have just felt so nauseas and dizzy - fingers crossed that isnt going to continue too much longer!

Honey a second line is a line, faint or not!!!!!!!!!!!

Do another one in a couple of days, the HCG levels, double or triple every day, so wait if you can, if not go see the DR for a BT.xx O good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast