Thread: Unusual rash ..

Default Unusual rash ..

Hey all

Im 18 weeks pregnant , for the last few weeks ive had a rash coming up on my body. At first it was just like a small patch all red and a bit crusty ( sorry TMI ) on my side , then lately new patches have come up around my boobs and on my back. Its not itchy or anything , the only reason I noticed it was because of its colour and " roughness " ( like red,dried skin ).
    As some of you know right now im overseas and I have no access to a doctor so all my concerns go straight to these forums.
    I hope to god its nothing serious for me or the baby because its another 3 weeks until im back in Aus. Anyone have any ideas??
    Much appreciated as usual

Hi,
    During my pregnancy I got real dry skin due to the hormonal changes, I use to use a great cream Alpha Keri after a shower and before bed. Hopefully that is all this
    Not long till you are home.
    Bec

Hi enigma

This sort of rash is common during pregnancy.
    No need to worry

I've got a spot like you've described on my righy hip. It's a bit itchy and I've been putting lasinoh on it. That magic nipple cream lasts for ever lol!

Squirt Guest

Hi Enigma,

I have the same sort of rash on my right hip and now it has appeared on my left hip. my midwife informed me to rub olive oil on it. some days it is itchy other days it isn't.