Thread: Urgent (ish!) Melbourne morphology scan!

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Default Urgent (ish!) Melbourne morphology scan!

Ladies, help a sister out!

Ok, So I'm 19 weeks pregnant on Friday, I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon in order to get a referral for the morphology scan. I just checked the place I went to for the other scans, and this scan is $150 out of pocket and there's no DVD. Neither of these things make me happy.

Soooo...other public patient ladies (I'm booked in with the royal womens, but they don't do the morph ultrasound) where can I go on short notice in Melbourne that's not exxy (or even better, totally bulk billed) where I can get a DVD?

im think most places you'll be out of pocket arouond that amount, i know ours didnt include the cost of the DVD, i dont know of any bulk billing places sorry. i had mine with max hardy in boxhill and ringwood

I don't mind paying for a DVD, but the place I went to for the other scans said that they don't offer any DVD or picture services for the morph scan. I'll google your suggestions!

Anyone else?

I think it's a standard cost too, sorry.

I went through Marina in Dandenong and they bulk billed. There was a DVD of stills from the scan waiting for me when I next went to the Dr's.

Yeah I think $150 is about the norm but got about $85 back from Medicare.

The place I was going said that I wouldn't get anything back, it was $150 out of pocket. So even if somewhere else is $200, if I get some money back it's still cheaper!

I found Wallan Ultrasound (Reflective Imaging) lovely to go to. We got a DVD from each scan. Not sure how much the morphology scan is cos i had that one done at the royal women's. They do 3D/4D scans too. Give them a call

My GP clinic does them, and we're getting a DVD/CD of every u/s out of it. I'm not sure if they do movie-type DVDs (the one we're getting this week is just stills) but there's no harm in asking It's the Mill Park Superclinic

not sure where u are but there are marina clinics through melb they bulk bill and u get a disk with the photo's.
    Theres one in dandy, chelsea, narre, there are a few others but not 100% sure where