Thread: Using makeup while pregnant

Question Using makeup while pregnant

I've heard that some women stop using their mositurisers and makeup while pregnant because they believe the skin will absorb chemicals or whatever may be in the makeup. I've continued to use my makeup especially to cover up the pimples I get from being preganant! Has anyone stopped using their makeup?

hmm my skin seems too dry to use most makeup at the moment and it seems to make my pimples worse. i have switched most of myu skin products to more natural ones but i havent heard that is is bad to continue wearing makeup

Can you recommend any natural brands? Would the body shop be one of them?

I used my makeup as i always did while i was pregnant.. but i didnt use that much anyways, just foundation and mascara and Jesse turned out fine. I think you just have to be careful with some moisturisers and cleaning products with their ingredients.

I use Body Shop stuff and that seems to be fine. I did my best to tough out the first trimester spots as best I could using just witch hazel gel, but when I need the make-up it's there. I usually just do lipstick and mascara anyway, so didn't think about changing much!

I never use make up... but I havent stopped using my moisturisers. I'm using them more now because I have really dry skin. I've read somewhere that most moisturisers are ok to use.. your skin absorbs the moisturiser, but it doesnt get absorbed into your blood and you dont eat your moisturiser, so shoudlnt affect baby in any way.

I have started using ten o six tinted moisturiser. It is great coz it is light, and you cover up blemishes (yes i have had a fair few pimples this preg!! Grrrr). I hate makeup at the best of times so this suits me fine. Goodluck with the pregnancy!

I never stopped wearing makeup or moisturiser while pregnant, as far as I am aware it should be fine.