Thread: Uterine Fibroid

Default Uterine Fibroid

Hi ladies,

i had my 11-13 wk scan on Wednesday and they found a fairly large uterine fibroid. Has anyone had this in pregnancy and were you able to go on to have a normal vaginal birth?? My OB said i don't need to be too concerned and that they will just monitor it as the pregnancy progresses.

Of course, ive been googling (bad idea, i know ) and ive read it increases the chances of pre-term labour, placental abruption and caesarean. - i had a gel induced labour with DD and normal vaginal birth and im that this fibroid won't hamper me being able to birth vaginally again

any ladies out there who've had this and gone on to have a normal vaginal birth??

TIA

Before I got pg with DD I had some irregular periods and at a scan it showed I had a fibroid. A couple months later I fell pg with DD. The fibroid remained there until sometime around 30 weeks and then it just disappeared. It wasn't huge though but in the early stages it was much larger then DD. I don't know where it went but when they did my C/s they couldn't see it (I had a c/s as I had 2 previous c/s births not because of the fibroid).

Not sure if that helped much lol

Quote Originally Posted by aussienic View Post
    Before I got pg with DD I had some irregular periods and at a scan it showed I had a fibroid. A couple months later I fell pg with DD. The fibroid remained there until sometime around 30 weeks and then it just disappeared. It wasn't huge though but in the early stages it was much larger then DD. I don't know where it went but when they did my C/s they couldn't see it (I had a c/s as I had 2 previous c/s births not because of the fibroid).

Not sure if that helped much lol
    thanks for the reply hun - wow so it just disappeared?? - fingers crossed that happens with mine too!!

yeh it just went away..

Did they tell you how big your fibroid was? mine was 4cm by 5cm and then grew to about 8cm by 5cm.. then it just disappeared. Although This month I got my period it lasted 5 days and now a week later I have it again and thats what was happening when I found out about the fibroid. I would have AF for one week then a week off then they were back again for a week so I am hoping it isn't back

Hi hon,

I've got a thread about my story with fibroids, but here's the rundown - I ended up with four, one very large and sitting beside the birth canal. Ob was concerned that DD wouldn't get past it, that she'd come early because of the others, and if she couldn't get past the lower one, he couldn't perform a traditional c/s because of the positioning of the others and we'd have to have a vertical incision. So I spent 9 months scared and concerned and by the final week of being pregnant, had one of the fibroids jutting out of me. They didn't disappear.

And it all came to absolutely nothing, had a natural birth to a 3.5kg (7lb 13oz) baby!

Quote Originally Posted by aussienic View Post
    yeh it just went away..

Did they tell you how big your fibroid was? mine was 4cm by 5cm and then grew to about 8cm by 5cm.. then it just disappeared. Although This month I got my period it lasted 5 days and now a week later I have it again and thats what was happening when I found out about the fibroid. I would have AF for one week then a week off then they were back again for a week so I am hoping it isn't back
    Mine is currently 8cm x 5cm and is behind the placenta (ive got an anterior placenta this time round). i had bleeding at the start of the pregnacy (around the 6 week mark) but was old brown blood which OB said could have been from the fibroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Corelly View Post
    Hi hon,

I've got a thread about my story with fibroids, but here's the rundown - I ended up with four, one very large and sitting beside the birth canal. Ob was concerned that DD wouldn't get past it, that she'd come early because of the others, and if she couldn't get past the lower one, he couldn't perform a traditional c/s because of the positioning of the others and we'd have to have a vertical incision. So I spent 9 months scared and concerned and by the final week of being pregnant, had one of the fibroids jutting out of me. They didn't disappear.

And it all came to absolutely nothing, had a natural birth to a 3.5kg (7lb 13oz) baby!
    Yeah the stuff ive been reading has said if its near the birth canal, this can hamper birthing vaginally which i guess what has me concerned, but as i mentioned, OB says its behind the placenta and not near the birth canal, but who knows how big its going to get?! My DD was very similar in weight to your DD! (7 pd 14ounces!) but i didnt have a fibroid with her.
    Glad to hear you were able to deliver normally im for me too