Thread: Valco Prams

Smile Valco Prams

Hi all

We're looking into which brand/type of pram to buy. We like the 3 wheeled varieties and quite like the look/options on the "Valco Runabout Tri Mode" 2006 model... Does anyone have one of these and, if so, what do you think of it? Have you had any problems with it? Would you recommend it?

I've heard from one person that the Valco prams don't have enough room for a smaller baby if you also have the toddler seat on the front...is that true? This person has a "Rebel" pram rather than the "Runabout" model...so maybe that makes a difference?!?

Another pram we don't mind the look of is the Swallow Beema Q...any thoughts on that one??

Thanks in advance!

Sherie

We have the tri-mode and we love it. Very easy to drive, and folds up well for putting in the boot. Its one of the lighter prams too. I would think there is room for the smaller baby or it defeats the purpose of having a toddler seat. I'd recommend the tri-mode

i have the rip off of this pram from Target with a toddler & the only thing I can fault it on is the width of the base, its a bugger getting out of check outs, but I think a lot of the newer 3 wheelers are the same.
    I use mine with a almost 2yr old (in the toddler seat) & a almost 4 yr old in the pram itself. I don't think there is any space issues.
    I highly recomend this pram as a cheaper option. Its the Childcare Trio. You can also get a basssinet intsert for this pram but I didn'tthink it was worth it concidering you need to remove it each time you want to fold it down & you can't have the toodler seat on at the same time. I paid about $300 for both the pram & toddler seat when there was a sale on.
    I was in Target yesterday actually & the trio was on sale, something like 33% off! made the price like $170!

Thanks girls! I really like the look/features on that pram (I'm guessing the rip off version is basically the same thing). I want to get a basinnette attachment too so there's another $100 or so...

FionaJill...unfortunately in Wagga we only have a Target Country with hardly any baby stock...I checked it out yesterday while they have/had the 15% off deal but they don't have the pram you mentioned (they do have a couple of strollers but that's it). Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by SSmiles
    FionaJill...unfortunately in Wagga we only have a Target Country with hardly any baby stock...I checked it out yesterday while they have/had the 15% off deal but they don't have the pram you mentioned (they do have a couple of strollers but that's it). Bummer!
    For the price you pay I think it would be well worth looking into the pram on the net (target stores have online thingys you can look at) and possible the idea of frieght??

If there is any question you want to ask about the pram feel free.