thread: Wanting another baby so soon...?!

Jun 2011

Wanting another baby so soon...?!

I have found myself really wanting another baby and longing to be pregnant again, our DD is only 4months old though. I see a pregnant woman and I just swoon with lovely belly thoughts and find myself missing my baby belly. I've even felt a twinge of jealousy when girlfriends have announced their pregnancy.

Is this common? Did you want another baby so soon after birth? Did those feelings pass or hang around until you were blessed with pregnancy once again? Is it just a hormonal thing?

I'd love to hear your experiences

Jul 2009
    Australia

I was like within days after having my DD. Then when i got PND the feeling was so strong even though i wasnt coping with my DD.

Now that im pregnant again the feeling has passed and i almost feel that everything is perfect. But the feeling was so strong, i was begging to have another when DD was only a few months old!

Nov 2010
    Cairns

Yup when my triplets were 3 months old I wanted to go again. We ended up TTC when they were 6 months old and I fell pregnant the next month.

Apr 2006
    Perth

I was pregnant with DD2 within 10 weeks of DD1's birth and it was the worst feeling in the world. I don't know if that is why I have no desire to be pregnant again now, or if its just that I know we're done and I won't ever be pregnant again. I lso have awful pregnancies so its the end result I dream of, not the getting there if that makes sense

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

after DJ it was about an hour and a half post birth i looked up at DH with DJ in my arms and said "so when are we having the next one" "
    after vic (and all his issues) it wasnt until he was 12 months i wanted another. then let that go...until now. i am thinking of setting up in the chooks shed im that clucky!

Aug 2010
    Gold Coast

I'm like that after having a baby- I really miss being pregnant and looking forward to the birth. But then again after my wedding day I was exactly the same! I wanted to do it all again!
    The feelings were intermitant after DS was born, we got married , and then bang! Fell pg totally by accident on DH's birthday in April!

Aug 2011
    Melbourne

Hi Rosey! You are not alone, I often daydream of being pregnant again soon, and having a little brother or sister for Yves. I think it is partly hormonal, but I have practical reasons also - like my age (35). We aren't using any contraception, (but aren't exactly DTD too regularly either!) so will just let nature take its course. I spoke to my GP about a recommended time to wait before trying to conceive again, and her thoughts were to wait until around 6 months post birth, especially after a c-section. How are going with your DD?

Nov 2009

yes, and because i felt that way my boys are 14 months apart!! DS2 is 7 months old next week and im clucky as all hell and have been for months!! DH wants a bigger gap this time round but as soon as he gives me the go ahead i will be jumping his bones hahahaha

Jun 2011

raffy - thats funny as. I hope he doesn't spring the news he wants another baby on you when your at the grocery store... you might have to find a nice quiet spot in the fruit section lol

Lct - I finally posted in our belly buddies. Yep nothing like a baby to act like a contraception, I like that your living on the edge I do hope I read an announcement soon enough!

I just find it such a strange feeling to want something that you pretty much well have in your hands already. I think my longing stems from the birth I didn't get, plus I love a preggy belly and that feeling of anticipation towards the end of pregnancy is just an amazing feeling (When the worry doesn't overcome it )
    Last edited by Rosey; July 9th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

Wanting another baby so soon...?!

Yes! Had DS1 and at 3 months felt happy with everything, I had settled into motherhood and do forth plus I wanted my children close.
    Anyway 1 week after DS1 1st birthday his brother was born. They are best friends/fight like crazy, share a room do everything together!

Now their new brother will be joining the family after their 3rd & 2nd birthday... Do it now then relax in the later years!!

Jan 2006
    Sydney

You're not alone! I was thinking of number 4 as we left the hospital! Just need to convince DH now!

Jul 2008
    Balnarring, Vic

I wanted number four the second I had number three!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so forgive spelling mistakes

Jan 2011
    Perth

Maybe it is hormonal as lots seem to get that feeling around the 3-4 month mark... Myself included! I went from 'how can I possibly love another child as much as DD' to 'I even miss the experience of labour'! I still have zero libido though so I don't think number two will be conceived anytime soon.

Jan 2009

I could've written this myself except my DD is only 3 weeks old!!! I want 2-3 years between bubs so if this isn't hormonal it's going to be a looonnnggg hard couple of years to keep cluckiness at bay! It isn't like I want another baby, I'm very happy with the one I have I just want to be pregnant and give birth again. I think maybe, for me being so close to the birth of my baby, it's a bit of a grieving process too for what was and never again will be - being pregnant and giving birth for the first time. You don't get that back. Likewise with every subsequent pregnancy birth and child, they're all unique, no other experience will be the same. *sigh* I just want to lay on my back and watch and feel my belly move one more time.

Good luck to those trying again. I envy you....kind of ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

Totally normal I reckon for some of us. I was planning no4 before number 3 was conceived.

Nov 2009

raffy - thats funny as. I hope he doesn't spring the news he wants another baby on you when your at the grocery store... you might have to find a nice quiet spot in the fruit section lol
    we do the food shopping online so that shouldnt be an issue hahah would definately spice things up though lol

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Not alone. Only advice is of you are only having two and feel this way I'd spread out the pregnancies so you get to fully enjoy them

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Totally normal I reckon for some of us. I was planning no4 before number 3 was conceived.
    Me too lol