Thread: water aerobics

Default water aerobics

i went to water aerobics last night and havent done any form of excercise since i found out i was pregnant. i am now almost 24 weeks. the problem is i have a really sore stomach now just in line with my belly button. i think it may just be stomach muscle soreness from the excersice but i was wondering if anyone new any disadvantages or dangers associated with water aerobics. i am trying to decide whether or not to go back.

Anatu Guest

I am going to water aerobics 3 times a week (I am 19 weeks) and really wasnt doing much prior to pregnancy other than walking.

there has been three different instructors. 2 of them and my doctor told me avoid the sit up type exercises. and when doing jumps dont bounce to much (like do the non impact level) and seperate legs slightly so your not coming up hard against your stomach.

the instructors mid class will tell me not to do something and wait and they give me something else. and of course stop for a minute if you feel uncomfortable and drink lots of water.

I am no expert but this is whats happened for me.

did you let the instructor know???

thanks for your reply. yes i did let the instructor know but i think she was a bit inexperienced. a couple of times she told me to do a different activity but she would also so say in a unsure way 'are you ok doing that?' when doing energetic type movements.

do you ever get a sore tummy area after aqua aerobics? what about the chlorine is that ok to be in?

I did aqua aerobics all through, and it wasnt' a pregnancy class. However i did not do any tummy exercises and the teacher was very careful to warn me before doing any. Just take it easy and don't do any tummy stuff. My friend and I loved tummy exercise time because we got to relax and float around!!!

maybe i should look into a specific pregnancy one, thoughi have no idea where to find one.

my tummy is still sore and it has been 2 days now. do you think i should go to the docotor or just wait it out?

skyelar Guest

I have been wanting to start up aqua aerobics as well.
    Fletch where was the pregnancy class held?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I found mine by calling the physio at my hospital, but you should be able to find one by contacting the physio at the nearest hospital with a maternity ward. If they can't help, I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

You probably just have sore tummy muscles, but if you're worried maybe organise an u/s. Nothing like an u/s to ease the mind! xo

Fletch,

I brought home brochures for the post natal mum and baby classes, but DH spied the Fathers and Baby classes and has bagsed taking baby to those instead! How cute! How could I say no?

love
    sushee

They run on Saturday just after the pregnancy classes, so I've seen the dads come in with the babies. I am so glad DH wants to do it, it's the most adorable thing seeing all the big butch men with their tiny little bubs in the pool!

skyelar Guest

Thanks Fletch :flower: will give them a call after Easter!

Come & join me girlie, will be a cack with my big self wallowing around

Hollo, sometimes excercise can effect the stomach muscles, if you are in pain still, go see your Dr or a physio because they can help.