Thread: Water Consumption

Lorin Guest

Default Water Consumption

Hey every 1

I have been told you must dirnk ATLEAST 10 glasses of filtered water per day. :S I am strggling to drink say 6 glasses a day!
    Does any body else have this problem? How much water does every body acually drink

littlerigger Guest

I easily drink the 10. I think the best thing to do is find something tasty to put in it so it's appealing to you. I put cordial in mine. It doesn't make it any less good for you.

Lorin Guest

I love red cordial but is red cordial bad for bubs

I keep a 600ml bottle on my desk at work and I usually get through that by the time I leave.
    Then I would have another glass or so after I get home. Any more than that and I spend all day on the loo!

Sal Guest

i drink at least 10. just have a big glass at the ready, you get in the habit of just drinking it

Lorin Guest

Well thats just it though water goes straight through me, i am probably on the loo more then @ my desk and thats not drinking 10 glasses, abit concerning i am trying my hardest though i have a chart that i write on every time i get another glass so hopfully over time it will just come naturally. :S

Flea - How many glasses is 600mls

Probably about two decent sized glasses...not enough anyway

I just drink when I'm thirsty and if I start having to pee all the time I slow down. There is no way my bladder could handle 10 glasses of water a day, no way.

Lorin Guest

Ok cool thanks you all for your answer much appreicated xoxox

In the first tri i tried to drink close 2 ltrs per day but now im exactly the same as Flea.. 600ml bottle then have some more when i get home. I already make about 10 trips to the bathroom at work as it is, and thats up 2 flights of stairs each time.. i couldnt handle any more. If i feel any more thirsty, i just have some more.

i easily drink 2 litres of water a day - its just a matter of getting used to it. having said that, I'm not pregnant yet so it might all change when that happens!

I am just so thirsty all day long. I don't know how much I drink but I am drinking a lot of filtered water everyday.

I don't really know how much water I drink, I just have some when I am thirsty. Lorin you can count regular and herbal teas as water also if you drink them. I don't think red cordial is bad for the baby I like it too, I am pretty sure it is fine to drink.

Bon

I approach water consumption kinda differently... sorry if TMI but I just keep an eye on the colour of my pee! If it's getting too dark I increase my consumption until it's pale again. If I want to detox I drink until it runs clear (it's good to do this at least once a week). The reason I don't attempt to drink a set ammount of water each day (besides the fact that I'm shocking at keeping a record/remembering) is because your body requires vastly differing ammounts of water depending on (for example) the season: summer whilst gardening I might need up to 15 glasses, winter whilst spending the day sedentary I might only need the minimum of 6. I've noticed that whilst pregnant it's taking more water to make it go pale... I'd say this is because my kidneys are having to work extra hard filtering bub's waste products too.