Thread: WEIRD cravings...

Default WEIRD cravings...

Hey all!

What are the weirdest cravings you've had in pregnancy?

I thought that my 1st trimester craving of sardines and vegemite on toast was bad. I found myself craving sand yesterday. 8-[ VERY disturbing! Maybe I'm lacking in some kind of mineral or something. For the record, this is one craving I most definately won't be acting on!!!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Juliette

I haven't had any weird cravings as yet, but I think when you crave things like sand, dirt and chalk, you're lacking in calcium. I think.

HTH

Melinda Guest

I think it's called something when you crave dirt, sand or chalk. I can't remember what it is though. Probably ask your OB at your next appt!!

Not pg yet... but my Sister had great cravings with her 1st... Gerkins on ice cream....

YUK... A firend of mine's boss craved ice, through her whole pg... I hope that's me... Something atleast healthy!

I recommend staying away from the beach & the kids sand pit!? Or taking bottled water wit you everywhere, just incase!

I have heard its' common & means your lacking something.... Hmmm, maybe roughage!!!!! :-k

I think those odd cravings are called 'pica'?!?

Strangest craving I've had so far has been for sausages with maple syrup LOL.

In my pregnancy with Olivia I craved oranges in all forms: orange juice and mandarins etc, but especially "fake" orange like Fanta and orange lollies.
    With her I also used to crave the smell of elastoplasts?!

In this pregnancy I haven't had too many yet, but so crave the smell of Pine-O-Clean?!

And Pringles. No, that is not pregnancy related, I hust crave those all the time regardless!

I found the previous threads...

HERE and HERE

I have a thing for ice too! I've got ice cubes in the freezer made with different types of juice - apple, orange, pineapple, cranberry, you name it!

Eggs eggs and more eggs

Can't get enough!

All pregnancies!

I have my mother to thank for that! She was the same with me!

During my pregnancy i craved kfc chips, oranges, ice, and pear sandwiches!!!

Craving dirt, sand etc is lacking in something, no sure what though. At my ANC a girl was craving soap. Like she had to lick it to get rid of the craving. Blerk!