Thread: Weird sound

angelique Guest

Default Weird sound

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this weird sound.

As i use my doppler machine, I can clearly distinguish the chord flow and the heartbeat, but I am also hearing a weird whoo whoo sound. Is this the baby making this sound (does this sound stupid?) It sounds a bit scary and just wanted some reasurrance.

Thanks guys

Hi Angelique

The only thing that I can think that it may be is the blood in the cord.

At the moment the midwives have a hard time picking up the sound of my baby's heartbeat because the placenta is in the way and we just keep hearing the placenta. It makes a kind of wierd noise.

Wasn't there a post in another area that mentioned a soothing noise newborns like to hear being a whooshing noise?

It could be the baby moving?

I know when I've had my midwife visits and we check the baby with the doppler, there is the cord blood sound, the heart beat and there are other sounds which are the baby moving arms legs, or shifting position etc

Midwife reckons that they are more likely to move during u/s or doppler use becuase they try to get away from the sonic waves...

angelique Guest

Thanks everyone for your replys,

I am new to all this stuff so it could be the baby moving or the chord flow at that particular movement. I am trying to get used to this doppler as it has taken me ages to work out the different sounds.

xxoooo

Hi Angelique

Tey to find a sound like a horse running - this is your babies heartbeat
    If you hear a whoosh whoosh sound that is either the cord or the palcenta

I was thinking it could be bubs moving.

I know when I use my doppler and I get this whoop whoop sound Decaln has usually just moved or is moving at that time.