Thread: weird tightening/pains

Default weird tightening/pains

I have been having tightenings for about 3 days and they kinda hurt.. not excessively, but i know they are there.. I ahve also had the feeling of period pain to go with them... any ideas?

You could possibly be experiencing braxton hicks??? I havent experienced it yet but with BH's you normally get some sort of tightening and your belly goes hard.

sounds exactly like braxton hicks to me. mine started both times around 20 wks. does your stomach go hard like a basketball and then relax after a minute or so? if so, thats probably braxton hicks. if you are worried speak to your dr.

beccas

Yeah they were like BH I think, but were painful too... Ended up in the hospital ALL day.... They have subsided to an extent, but still ahve the period pain like feeling. The doc just said to take it easy and see how things go. Cervix is all good, so probably nothing much to worry about. Thanks for the replies.

I had BH all the way through my pregnancy which sound very much like what you are experiencing. They were uncomfortable at times. Everyone experiences them differently. Hope all is ok for you and the BH ease up on the painful side.