Hi there! I'm a big girl and I have had 2 fantastic pregnancies and birthing experiences.
I was treated like I was a drain on the health system by some health 'professionals' and like a normal human being by most others.

I was told to pretty much expect to have GD. I didn't have it either time. Both of the GCT's came back perfect but during my second pregnancy, I was basically told that there was no way I could NOT have GD, so they made me have to GTT. I was pretty fricking thrilled when I got hte all clear from that aswell

I have white coat fever when it comes to my BP readings, and it wasn't a worry at all first pregnancy. Second time around you would think they would be a bit more relaxed about it all... but no. I was told my BP was way too high and they wanted me on meds. I did explain about the white coat fever thing but that was brushed off many times. I finally got through to one Doc who made me have BP monitoring for an hour, and yes, indeed I had white coat fever.
I was told during my first pregnancy by the OBS who had my 'case' ( I was public), that I had an 80-90% chance of having a cesearian because "I was so fat". It was also mentioned that this OB was surprised that I could even get pregnant so easily. Enjoyed rubbing his face in it 12 months later whne I was pregnant again, but I thoroughly enjoyed letting him know of my gas only vaginal birth. I wonder if heard that it was the same again for #2??


Ok enough of my ranting. LOL

I gained 5kgs MAX both pregnancies ( I forgot to add..,I did have Hyperemesis both pregnancies, so that probably helped. LOL). No medical issues at all. Had fantastic birthing experiences. Just wish that some doctors would actually take things case by case rather than on assumptions and things they have read in medical books. I know that bigger people CAN have issues, but so can small people.

I like to think that I have re educated a few of my doctors and that they now have a more open mind when seeing other larger ladies.

HTH and good luck TTC!!!