Thread: What a beautiful, beautiful sound.....

Talking What a beautiful, beautiful sound.....

DH and I are really excited and happy right now!!

We just found our baby's heart beat with our doppler!! We only use it every few days to see if we can pick up anything and only for 2 minutes maximum....... well tonight, we found a HB and it was the most beautiful sound we've ever heard...... DH is a nurse so he kinda knows where to look for it..... I had no idea so let Dh use it.....

The HB was beating away very fast and DH made sure it wasn't my HB so we weren't mistaking it!! It was just beautiful....... eeeeeee!!!!!!!!! how awesome is this!!!

I'm not so nervous about my NT scan next week, i feel alot more reassured that bubs is doing well in there..... woooooot!!! :woot:

Just had to share - thank you for reading!!

Congrats Ren!! Big for you, I bet!!
    Good luck with the scan, will be thinking of you.

Congrats Ren!

It truely is a magical magical sound!!

I know what you mean Ren.. its the best sound in the world. I still breathe a sigh of relief at this late stage every week when my OB checks the heartbeat....

Woohoo, how exciting Renee!

I can't wait to hear all about your scan next week!!

Yay for you Ren!! It is such a wonderful sound, especially hearing it for the first time - I'm so very excited for you.

awww awsome!! it sure is the best sound in the world!!!! good luck for ur scan and OMG i cant believe ur nearly 12 weeks already!! ill be waiting to hear how ur scan goes

mwah xoxo

Thanks girls!!!!

Hollye - i know, it's gone fast! I can't believe i'm nearly 12wks either!! tee hee..... you're doing very well yourself

Aww Ren, that's gorgeous!

Hey Ren
    you guys did well. Finding the heart beat at 12 weeks can be quite difficult. But I agree with you, it has got to be the sweetest music you can ever hear.

how exciting!! Good luck for next week, I'll be thinking of you.

Congrats Ren!!

I used a normal stetascope with dd, granted it was about 17 weeks before we could pick up anything but belly-grumble, but it's amazing to hear their little heartbeats.

I can't believe it's 12 weeks already!!! Time flies!!

Goodluck with the NT, everything will be fine

Hi Nadine
    you also did well. It is much harder to pick up the baby's heart beat with a normal stethascope, even at 17 weeks

Thank you girls....

Alan - thank you! Well.... DH is a registered nurse so that helped too! Otherwise i probably would have had the doppler positioned on my liver or something..... we would never have found it!! haha!
    Is it safe for us to use the doppler every couple of days for a few mins at a time Alan?

There has been no research (that I know of) to show the safaty of dopplers. However it is known that the baby will often try to move away from the probe. Personally I would advise you to limit its use to no more than you really need to. Useing it every couple of days would be a little too often for my liking.

Wow how exciting!! When I first heard ds heartbeat, I had tears in my eyes...

Woohoo!! Gotta love that thumping sound hun!!

Thanks Alan! I think we'll limit it to once per week then to be safe...... and once i start feeling kicks and movements i probably won't use it much anymore then.....