Thread: What can I use for Muscular Pain?

Thumbs down What can I use for Muscular Pain?

Im suffering from an immensly sore neck at the moment and I even went to the chiro this morning!
    I feel great coming out, but in no time the muscles lock up and then im in agony.

Can I usee deep heart, voltaren or anything like that in a cream?

Aww Danni, that's no good.

I've never liked putting anything on my skin when pregnant, that's a personal thing though. I'm not sure on those things safety wise.

But I can tell you my lifesaver - a heat pack. I buy those $20 ones with wheat in them from the chemist, you just pop them in the microwave. They are great! They are shaped to fit around your neck, and really help my migraines which have gotten bad since I stopped metformin on Monday, and also aching legs and neck.

A call to a pharmasist is always informative too, sometimes I think they know more about safety of things like that than doctors.

mooshie Guest

danni

i am pretty sure that you CAN"T use voltarin or deepheat or anything like that when pregnant. hugs to you. i second the heat pack or what about a tennis ball. i suffer from terrible shoulder pain when pregnant usually starts in my 20th week and disappears after birth (all thanks to my lovely posture NOT) and i sit there with a tennis ball behind my back and shoulder and let it roll around - also good to use a tennis ball in labour - get dh to roll the ball around your back for some relief.

hope you feel better soon

Sorry Danni but Voltaren and the likes are OUT during pregnancy. Heat packs work wonders. Like Mooshie said, a ball between the sholders rolling around helps heaps. You can buy special ones with spikes on them and they really get into the muscles - we use them in the hospital for staff! They are great for getting circulation going too - I love rolling them under my feet. But just lean against a wall with the ball between your shoulder blades (or wherever you like) and move your body to move the ball. Takes a little to get used to but it is great.

MG

Voltaren is category C and should not be used without medical advice
    Deep Heat is ok to use

Just thought, you could also use a TENS machine. They give a small electric shock and are great for muscle pain. Ok to use in pregnancy but I would not use it on your belly

The heat pack is a good idea and I wouldn't use Voltaren or DeepHeat. Hope you feel better soon.

i wonder if you could rub eucaliptus oil into your neck that may not be safe either but worth checking it is cooling rather then warming but is fantastic for sore muscles

i was told i could use nothing except heat, was advised to stay clear of deep heat as the was no studies done on it, a physio recomended emu oil is alittle$$$ but works great and is natural