Thread: What could this be??? bit worried... any advice would be great!

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Default What could this be??? bit worried... any advice would be great!

So, im sure im worried about nothing but i just want to hear that from someone else!

Im 18 weeks pregnant, i was sitting down yesterday and bent forward to pick something up, i kinda forgot that my belly was now a bit big and i squashed it a bit as i was bending forward. I felt something inside to the side of my belly, about level with my belly button but to the side go pop or something. you know how sometimes if you turn you neck funny and your vain or nerve or something pops over your bone (or is that just me ) it felt like that!

I instantly thought 'that didnt sound good' but it didnt really hurt after, maybe a little twinge every now and then, or i could have been imagining it. I still felt a few movements that evening but only been feeling movements for the last few days so they are still really faint.

Then today i had a tiny bit of dark brown when i went to the toilet, i cant really call it blood, but it was something! im so worried. im worried i did something bad yesterday to the baby or placenta or cord...is that even possible? thinki felt a few kicks today but ive been busy so havent really had time to sit down and really feel them.

Any ideas?????

Which side was it on? Could be your floating rib being moved cos mine does that all the time when I bend over.

The bit of dark brown could be purely coincidental too, but if you are worried - go get checked out. xxx

Hi Beckoes

You would not have done any harm to your baby, cord, or placenta. There are many pregnant bellies that have been squashed by bending, kids, husbands etc. The popping sensation was either a ligament or a muscle. The dark brown discharge was probably old blood and is not uncommon.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Thank you SO much, really, its so nice to hear that from others! i think its so easy to drive your self crazy with worry when pregnant! thank you!

I had bleeding at various stages during my pregnancy with DS. Knowing what I now know, after my experience during that pregnancy, I would not be worried. Saying that, just take it as a warning to take it easy (hard with a toddler I would imagine but am sure you do your best). I would perhaps just mention this at your next appointment.