Thread: What does the baby moving feel like?

Question What does the baby moving feel like?

I have heard it feels like bubbles, butterflies, muscle spasms, ticks

I am not sure if i am feeling baby or wind or anything atm but want to be sure i know what to look out for when i do. I often lately have been just laying there very still concentrating on my belly but i just dont know.

Please help, what does it feel llike when the baby moves at the begining

Can you tell i am very excited lol

Well I was one of the ones who DIDN'T feel movement for very long time - I felt first ones at 28 weeks! So unless the flutterings were very subtle, I didn't have them! But when I did get movements it was full on!! Huge kicks and movements - just like doing summersaults! SO I def knew they were real at 28 weeks!

firstly congrats!

early on it felt like wind moving along the bowel, but it wasnt wind, over time it felt more like fluttering, i never understood what fluttering was until i felt it.
    later it felt like a twitch, you know when your eye twitches or a muscle does, like that. after that it will be unmistakenly be a kick or a punch that gets stronger and firmer each day! - i think that everyone describes early movements differently based on what they can relate it to though.
    just wait for the hiccups!

i loved it and missed molly jane moving in me so much after i had her... now there are other things that i love and enjoy every day.

enjoy your pg it is all exciting

When harrison started kicking I thought it feel like bubbles later on it feels like a footy team.

i remember it felt like a bubble popping, light flickering/fluttering, gas type feelings... hehe (it is very hard to describe, but you will know when you feel it).

Kristy, I used to lie with my pants loose and try and feel bubs move after dinner cause the food would wake him up (i hoped). Maybe try the cold drink of milk and then lie there and wait. As others have said, at first it felt like wind or bubbles, or sometimes like someone knocking from the inside IYWIM...but after a while you know it is the baby. Cause I had an anterior placenta I didn't feel movements till quite late (20 odd weeks I think).
    Hope you get to feel sure of those wonderful movements soon, and enjoy them while you can, because before you know it you will be "complaining" that bubs has found your bladder and is using it as a soccer ball ...

With DD i felt movements from 16 weeks. To me it feels like a muscle spasm. I don't know why people say it feels like gas cause i've never had gas feel like that before lol. After about 20 weeks i was getting full on kicks and could feel it from the outside. With DS i felt them from 14 weeks,same deal. I felt them from the outside i think just before 20 weeks or so.

well, with dd i felt those flutters very early, from about 12 weeks. but this preg its felt more like a ball turning inside of my tummy and pressing up against the outside of me- and now over the last few days i am feelings kicks too, DD even felt one when she had her had on my tummy last night!!

It has felt different for me with all of my babies.
    With DS1 it felt like butterflies in my belly. With DD it definitely felt like gas. With Noah it felt like bubbles and with DS2 it felt like little pokey, scratchy feelings... it was strange but beautiful.

Initially it felt like a muscle spasm for me then it felt like bubbles popping in my stomach. Even though I was feeling these I wasn't sure until much later what they actually were

Fart bubbles is the way I would describe it I know lovely thought isn't it

yay on baby movements

(ps hey Donna

I think the other ladies have described it similar to how i would. With my first I didn't notice all the little "bubbles" because I wasn't sure...but one day at work I was just sitting there and got the biggest "twitch" I guess like a muscle spasm in my belly that was so distinct it actually startled me and I knew forsure that was all baby!

Now (at 14 weeks) I feel lots of bubbles that feel like baby movement, but it is usually followed by gas or my tummy growling so I am not calling it baby movement yet, just wind.

Yay, for baby movements, it's soo exciting and reassuring to feel ur little one moving about in there.

Hi there!

for me the first time i felt DD was when i was hitting the 17 week mark, i was sitting on an airplane and i felt some kind of 'bubbling' (like someone gently tapping their fingers). i first put it down to wind or discomfort associated with the flight, but then i realised as the day went on that no, it was in fact, concious movement from a real living little being!! in all honesty as the week wore on and it got stronger it kinda felt like a little mouse running loose in there! LOL!!

Wishing you a H&H pg!! how exciting!!

Thank you everyone for all your replies

I have been feeling little muscle spasms but wasnt sure if it was in my head or not lol. Oh to think that it might be my baby!!

Thank you thank you thank you again, how exciting

ooohhhhhh how exciting Kristy!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

The other ladies have described it very well. I mainly felt the muscle spasm feeling in the early days then before you know it you can definately feel a poke from the inside hehe

Enjoy it hun, it goes by waaaaaaaaay too fast!
    xxx