Thread: What does EDD (AUA) mean?

Question What does EDD (AUA) mean?

Hi there,

Ive only just joined and have been looking over various sites and forums but still have not been able to find what im looking for.

I had my first ultrasound on Monday. My EDD (LMP) was 2/12/06 but then it also said EDD (AUA) 27/11/06. Can anyone tell me what the AUA means??

Thanks
    Kim

I would say it is based on the ultrasound measurements of the bub. Each time I went for an us with DS they changed my dates (he ended up arriving 4 weeks early anyway :-) stick to the one you think is most accurate.

Thanks for that. Sounds like good advice. I agree, might have something to do with all the measurements as there are also quite a few other numbers that make bub 'older' then what he/she actully is.

With my 20 wk scan I had lots of measurements that said things like leg length 19.5 week , head circ + 21.5 wks and the tech said they select a few key ones to work out your EDD for the scan.

Yes, I'm not sure exactly what the acronym stands for but it is an adjusted EDD based on the ultrasound measurements. This is usually more accurate than based on LMP as you can ovulate early or late. With my first I was due on 15/02 based on LMP but u/s said 10/02. He ended up coming on the 12/02 but had really dry skin and long nails, signs of being "overcooked". This time round I was still bf when I fell pg so had irregular cycles. Based on LMP I would have been due on 04/10/06 (my birthday) but u/s said 19/10. I know this is more likely to be right as I had a BFN when I would have been 4 weeks pg if the LMP date was right.