thread: What is this feeling? Feels like baby is scratching my cervix with her nails!

May 2008
    North side, Brisbane

What is this feeling? Feels like baby is scratching my cervix with her nails!

I have heard about this before, but don't know why it happens. It feels like bubba is scratching my cervix with her fingernails. It's been happening on and off for a few weeks. Some times it will happen a few times in a day and then I won't feel it again for a week or so. Any ideas?? Thanks

Mar 2006

I had this the whole way through my pregnancy but still don't know what it was!

Jan 2009

Maybe she's trying to find her way out lol.

May 2008
    North side, Brisbane

That's what I'm hoping!!

Jan 2008

is it like a grinding feeling cause ive had that good luck!

Jan 2008
    in my head

No real idea but this happened to me as well. Stops you in your tracks doesn't it?

I was told that it was my 'body getting ready' to labour but I wasn't convinced. So many things come under this umbrella. Ask your care provider at your next check up and let us know!!

Feb 2009

I know exactly how you feel. Scratching feeling and hard thumps straight on it. Rotten feeling. Been getting it for months. No idea what it is though.

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

Yeah. DS used to do it to me all the time. It didn't start until he turned. I'm convinced it's ill placed finger nails.

Dec 2008

I had that too. It's really strange isn't it.

smiles4u Guest

Ah, my description is going to not sound the greatest but i clearly remember when pregnant the last couple of months on & off as you described but my feelings were like a jaggered knife jabbing me & twisting about down there but like it was coming from the outside then inwards, it would actually stop me in my tracks at times ... The midwives had no idea what it was

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

I also get this. Not all the time, but every now and then...