Thread: What was it like the next time around

Default What was it like the next time around

So for all of you that have had more than one pregnancy, did you find morning sickness etc better or worse the next time around. I had bad ms and fatigue the first time, and I am hoping that this time will be better for me!!

i dunno, but i seem to be fine so far. at this stage i was nausous already last time round.

I was about the same this time round, couple of weeks of feeling a bit off and being super super hungry, and then it went....

I hear that your morning sickness takes after what your MIL had when she was pregnant, so I'm pretty lucky if thats true cos my MIL didn't have any morning sickness but my mum had heaps...

2nd time round was much better....was still sick but not as sick KWIM....wasnt vomitting all day long thats for sure. 3rd time round was 100 times better again...

The fatigue has gotten worse each time though..not sure if thats cos i have double to look after now!

Worse - even with the power of positive thinking - i ended having to take meds with this one - although it might have to do with the fact that I'm (apparently) carrying another sex - we'll see if that's the case come December.

Fatigue - the same - but I think I was still tired from the first pregnancy

2nd time around. I had more morning sickness and was(is) very tired from running around after a toddler and working...

Also i am bigger this time earlier and i really feel it!

but i am hoping the labour and birth isnt worse lol

I found it a bit worse - mainly because first time around I left work on time and came home to rest every night before making dinner etc... whereas this time around I am chasing a toddler....
    It did ease up around the same time though, and now I am feeling just as great as I did with my first pregnancy and am loving every minute of growing and nurturing this new little bubby!

My pregnancies were pretty much identical until third trimester when I developed PUPPPS in my second pregnancy but not in my first.

I found the ms was worse but didn't last as long. But I was tireder (running around after a toddler while pg will do that to you!!). I also got sick several times with my second pg, whereas I didn't get so much as a cold the first time. I think that was a combination of "toddler germs" from day care and me being more run down.

My pregnancies have been very different.
    DS' pg I have bad m/s for 3 months. This pg I had none at all.

I found the m/s was just as bad in symptoms as the first time but subsided about a week quicker than with dd. As for the exhaustion...now that part feels a million times worse the second time around but I know it's because I am up early with a toddler and working second shift, I just have NO energy this time around!!