Thread: What to pack

Default What to pack

Hiya everyone,

Just wondering if i could get some ideas on what to pack in my bag and baby's bag for when we are in hospital??? Do we have seperate bags?? Does the hospital provide anything for bubs?

If someone has already asked this, can someone please direct me to the answer!!!!

Thanks

Hi Emz,

I believe all Hospitals are different at both my Birthing and Post Natal Hospitals they supplied everything for bubs so all I needed for Matthew was his the going home clothes. They didn`t supply anything for me so you`d need all your own tolietries etc.

In my labour bag (which I ended up not needing as I had a c/s) I had lots of undies, pads, lollies for nourishment, lip balm, nipple cream, magazines, CD`s, DH`s undies and swimmers in case I wanted him in the shower to help me, nighties, tolietries, oh I can`t remember what else but it was packed full of things.

Oh remember your camera, even if you end up with a c/s you can usually still take photos of the delivery.

HTH

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Emma

I'm pretty sure they do have a link of what to pack so hopefully a mod redirects you!

But.........What I packed was........

lots of cotton knickers(about 10 pairs!)
    Pj's or nighties or comfy clothes 5 pairs
    socks 3 pairs just in case
    pads 3 packs
    toiletry bag(hair ties)
    breast pads

Baby bag... can bring what you like.they do supply cloth nappies, some clothes and blankets but I thought it was nice to use ours and I also brought in some disposable nappies.

HTH's

Hi Em, not long now...... there is an article on the BB main site here that might help you. Also your hospital might give you a list if you ask about it.
    I got some packs of granny nickers and I thought that they were great although they were absolutley hideous.
    Somthing that isn't on the BB article is those long icy-pole things that you can buy in big packets at the supermarket. After I had Yasin my midwife gave me a frozen one pushed into my pad and it was just fantastic to help with the swelling.
    I packed 3 seperate bags. 1 for labour, one for baby and one for the maternity ward so that during my labour I had everything I wanted on hand and didn't have to show up with a sherpa to carry my luggage.
    The hospital will provide you with a gown to wear during labour but you might prefer your own clothes. There are threads about it here and here.
    LOL I just found the thread I started about labour bags before Yasin was born - its just here

My hospital provides a packet of nappies plus wipes etc for changes and itty bitty hospital gowns and singlets. You have to bring everything else.

I'd better read all of this stuff because I have no idea - you'd think that I would have learnt.

Dach just reminded me I also packed lots of DH`s T Shirts so I could wear them while in labour.

Just locking this thread now - please continue your discussions here.