Thread: What is this pain in my groin? Ouch :(

Default What is this pain in my groin? Ouch :(

Hi Ladies,

Recently I've been getting pain in my groin, kind of along where the line of your underwear sits, it's worse when I walk.
    It has been coming on more so towards the end of the day, which I thought was maybe muscle fatigue or something but the last couple days it has been there all the time but gets worse when I rest for a little while or when I first get out of bed.
    Has anyone had this? I'm hobbling around at times because it's quite painful
    What is it? Anyone got any ideas of how to ease the pain?

Thanks

hey i have been getting the same thing and have found out my pelvis has tilted just a lil cause of the weight with the baby, my hospital referred me to an inhouse physio which has showed me some exercises.. i also have to wear a belt and a tummy support band which helps your muscles support the extra weight believe me i know the pain i cop it everyday without fail and sometimes it feels like someone has corked my sides and i try and walk it out but it kills maybe see on your next appointment what they can do for you

Oh thanks
    Where did you get the tummy support band from? Has it helped?

The physio actually sell them i paid $10 for the band and $25 for the belt it does help..
    its like the belly bands you get from the baby shops but with heaps more support it also supports your back as well,

Thankyou

it sounds like round ligament pain to me... one of those unfortunate things the you really just have to put up with in pregnancy (and it will get worse, sorry!). although a supportive tummy band will definitely help - especially if you are going to be walking a lot during the day.
    The round ligaments help support the uterus so as your uterus gets heavier, they have to stretch and are under a bit of strain. It causes a sharp, stabbing kind of pain. Does that sound like what you've been having?

Yea it is a sharp stabbing pain when I put pressure on my feet, also feels like stiff muscles after sitting down or sleeping, standing to long at work & it hurts to walk up stairs etc. Feels like I need to keep my legs tightly together. Would one of those bands from baby bunting help or do I need a physio one?

From your description, I'd guess it is round ligament pain.
    I have never tried one of the baby shop belly bands. I had a physio one for my twin pregnancy and the difference it made when I had to be on my feet was incredible. You could try a baby shop one - I would guess they would probably be ok - esp in 2nd tri before the baby gets really heavy. Just make sure you tell your dr or middy about the pain too so that you can be sure it is nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks I will def do that, might try and find a physio that stocks them as I've still got a long way to go with this preg