Thread: What should I do??

Question What should I do??

OK so I will be 12 weeks on Tuesday 31st August (yay!!)
    I have my BF's little girls 1st birthday Party on Sunday 29th Aug, and my other 2 besties will be there as well - and I would dearly love to tell them all face to face that we are expecting number 2!
    But:

It wil be her little ones 1st birthday and I dont want to steal their thunder - I would not announce it - just take them aside for a minute and explain that I know its M's b'day that I really wanted to tell them all together and face to face (party in Melbourne and 2 of my BF's live there and the other in country with me) Do you think it would be appropriate? I certainly dont want to be making it about me - its not! But want to tell face to face as I didnt get the chance last time.

Also:
    I was going to get my 12 week scan before we told ppl - but if I get it the Friday before the party then I will only be 11w 4days - is that to early?
    If I wait till the following week to have the scan should I still tell my BF's?? There will also be a lot of other friends there as well that we would like to tell face to face as well.. dont know if I want to do it before the scan??
    We have seen a nice strong HB at 9 weeks of 183bpm - how likly would it be that something may have gone wrong between then and 12 weeks??

Who knew such wonderful news would be so hard!!

TIA ladies
    Kate

As hard as it is you have to decide for yourself!! But i dont think they will see it as stealing they're thunder, especially if you do it quietly and not at the start of the party. I had the same drama with wanting to tell friends and relies face to face but only seeing them a week before my 12 week scan, I decided to tell them as i still had all my pg symptoms and it was so much nicer than having to pretend the whole time and then call them after! The scan is usually done between 11-13 weeks so if you can manage to slot it in a day or two before the party to put your mind at ease that might help.

Good luck!!

If my friend announced that on Lucy's bday Id be stoked for her

Wouldn't be upset at all!

Plus you'll be a couple of days off 12 wks DO IT

I would tell them at the party. But don't make a big deal of the fact you think you might be stealing the thunder....just tell them and then get back into 1st birthday party mode. Afterall it's your friends daughters birthday not hers, and a 1 year old wont mind, all she will want to do is eat fairy bread!

Thanks ladies!
    I think I will tell them and then move on to party mode!
    I would be stoked if my friends told me too no matter when it was! I just guess I dont want to be seen as a limelight stealer!

Ill call the US place and ask if that will be to early and see what they say..

Thanks again ladies!
    Kate

Yeh i dont see a problem in telling them at the party. Not like you want to make it your baby shower or something aswell iykwim
    I told some of my girlfriends at DD's 2nd birthday party. Wasnt a big announcement, just told a few people. The day was still 100% DD's. Just made conversation i guess.

Most people love hearing a baby announcement...Go for it !!!!

I told all of my relatives about my pg with DD at my (pg) cousin's wedding! It was such a special time for the family and my cousin was just so pleased we were sharing our pgs that she didn't mind at all. We actually told them all the day before, when we arrived, so it wasn't done in front of everyone, but of course lots of ppl didn't hear about it until the day.

I think it would depend on your relationship with your BFs. Sounds like they won't mind at all and will be excited.

If you are worried about "stealing the birthday girls thunder" why don't you tell them at the end of the party?

Yeah Liviam, I did think about that. I will have other friends there as well that I would like to tell as well on the day - but maybe I could wait till after the cake and all that jazz? Then its all the important stuff done?? I know after the food and cake and DD's party that it was like it was all over and I could relax.... Hmmmmmmmm....