Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I do?

Listeria is a bug that does still grow in the fridge (one of the only ones I think). So even if the meats been refridgerated, wouldn't it still be a no no?

I think the best thing to do is to ring MIL and explain that you are not comfortable eating the meat cold (and why) and see what she says. Maybe she can do one of the meats on the day for you. Or if you think it would go down better, ask DH to ring her for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieR View Post
    Listeria is a bug that does still grow in the fridge
    Im sure i also read the same thing, thats why its best to eat things that are fresh and piping hot.

Simone

The bacteria survives, it just goes into hibernation. Most bacteria do that. Which is why there are storage facilities around the world (like in Siberia) where the germ warfare stuff is kept cold, to allow it to be used later for more warfare or research.

Hi Danni,

If you don't feel comfortable eating it, either talk to (or get DH to talk to) your MIL, heat it up (or take something you can heat -- microwave if you have to), or don't eat it.

Danni, we all want what is best for our babies safety. Remember, it's not the fact that the meats are cooked and being served cold that is the danger. It's how long ago they were cooked and if they have been stored correctly since then. That's why pregnant women are told not to buy cooked meats from shops as they have no idea if they have been stored correctly and for how long. Providing the meats are refrigerated straight away and are being consumed the next day they would be fine.

But remember, do what you feel comfortable with. If you don't want to eat it then don't.

Best wishes,
    Debbie

Hope you come up with something your comfortable with Danni!

I'm vegie so I'm used to eating whats offered other than meat but I'm sure it will be fine if you just heat it up!!
    I must say I've been a bit slack in this p/g and eaten a few naughty things here and there. (I just can't avoid a wendys smoothie when I'm shopping!!)

Just do what you're comfortable with but try and enjoy christmas lunch with everyone!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12