Thread: What to wear

Default What to wear

Here it is ladies my booh hoooh for the day. Ive had enough of maternity clothes, if they are to expensive there cheap and nasty. I hate buying maternity clothes in fact i detest it and now it is bloody hot it is so hard to buy roomy ( where need be) light breathable durable clothing. I was on the web last week looking for t shirts and with all the mags that i have the ads are everywhere so it wasnt to hard to find just what i wanted but the price :eek: $60 for a racer back singlet my god i almost sore lunch again the pants are all much of a muchness ( price include ) i found a few other sites with bargin bins and pick up singlets for $30 i thought that wasnt to bad in fact i have it on today one size fits all ok yey right i just hope this one size doesnt get to much bigger. it very snug stretchy maybe im just not used to the snug fit it really does show of bubs and boobs which is good. I really dont want to wear the bagging maternity clothes i feel so fat not pregi i want to show of my bumb it just sucks.

Is any one else having probs this summer finding what to ware that suits this weather or where i can find things cheaper i only have 3 months left what i buy now i want to last till due date or should i just suck it up and buy where and what i can DH hates spending money on maternity clothes becouse you only where them for such a short time ( 9 months is pretty long) i want to be comfy i want to look good i made a promise to myself this time i will make the effort bubs 4 last one you have to look good and be comfy with all the things thats i have to go do i just cant stay home and hide i spose.

There you have girls now i feel better even better if know if others are in the same boat feeling the same way.

Kittykat
    DD kahli
    DD Siaan
    DD Macayla
    angle 06
    due feb

Ohhh i feel for you!!

Millers and Crossroads had a $13 sale where everything was under $13. I bought a whole heap of tops in 2 sizes up, which are stretchy.

I also bought those ankle length cotton skirts with the elastic waist, then you can wear them over or under belly.

HTH a little

Could also try at Chermside there is a few stores near the food court (near the pancake/crepe place) which has cheaper clothes and they had longer singlet tops (like the fashion these days that girls are wearing before they put another top over the top of it) on sale there not too long ago. I can't think of the names of the stores though...sorry.

K-mart sells stretchy singlets that are quite long and have lots of room to stretch - they are very cheap. HTH.

As much as it makes me feel old to go in there, Supre are really good for long length tops and singlets. I wore heaps while pg over summer. And like Danni said, the elastic waisted skirts are great.
    HTH

For the last few weeks i've been getting around in yoga type pants & colourful chesty bonds singlets from best & less. Super comfy & cheap.
    I have to agree with danni on the crossroads shop. Even when they don't have a sale on they are pretty cheap. They have heaps of nice dresses & tops(i have bought quite a few) which will most likely last me till my due date.

someone at work suggested CottonOn for long stretchy tops as well. I actually took myself along to a shop here in Melb with DH in tow and bought a pair of jeans, long pants, 3/4 pants, two tops, a cardigan and a pair of around the house 3/4 pants for about $365. I thought I was getting a bargain as I would normally spend that much on just a few pairs of pants! But I agree with you - it is so hard to get decent maternity clothes at a reasonable price! I'm loving my belly tube which means I can continue to wear *most* of my normal tops.

MG

I hate maternity wear too, but I'm lucky in that I can wear baggy jumpers. I have one pair of maternity jeans and that's IT.

Otherwise, I wear normal singlets (they ride up quite a bit though!), slightly baggy T-Shirts, DH's jumpers and T-Shirts at home, under-bump skirts and trousers (thank you fashion people for having hipsters as a fashion when I was a size larger!). Anything with lycra in is bound to be a good friend, as are pyjamas. Can you borrow something nice from someone a bit bigger than you? I'm lucky in that I used to be a 12 many years back, not an 8-10 as I was pre-bump, so could just dig out all of those clothes for a bit.

Oh, I also love my crocheted cardigan that ties just under my breasts, it's so good for bump-bragging!

Cotton on is great. In Brisbane, my friend went to Warehouse for Fashion (I think there is one in city and one at Stones Corner), they have stretchy stuff which is all you need. Show off your curves! It's the only time a women can show off every bump and feel proud of it LOL!!! The belly tube (there are many names for them) is the best maternity item to buy, it allows to wear "normal" clothes without actually flashing the skin to the world and they come is beautiful colours and patterns. I paid $20 for two of them on Ebay! Good luck and I am sure you'll look beautiful!

I wear mostly cotton on long singlets & t-shirts atm, and I'm now over my EDD, so quite large. They are great & cover all the bump. For pants I went out & bought 1 really nice pair of maternity jeans which have lasted the entire PG and were around $120... my biggest splurge. The other thing I bought was a belly band type thing, sort of like those wide fabric belts that were popular a year or two ago? I got mine for around $10-15 each and I bought two, so when I wear my normal pants (yep I still wear my non maternity jeans now) I can just leave the fly undone & pop a belly band over the fly area. I have 2 pairs of pants which go under my bump which still fit, a pair of fisher man pants which fit and my pregnancy jeans. You may have to get some shorts or skirts like Danni suggested but if you go to cotton on & try those belly bands if you can find some you will be in business!!

Have you tried Ebay? I got heaps of stuff on there, some for like 99c.

I was going to say Ebay. Last summer I bought a couple of elastic waisted skirts from Katies - the long tiered ones, and they have been super. I just chuck one of those on and a preggie top and I'm really comfy.
    I'll also admit to wearing lots of exercise pants and long T's - but to be honest we have only had a few hot days here so far, so I'm still in long sleeves alot of the time!

thankyou ladies for all of the suggestions. This weekend i will take a trip to chermside and check the cheapi shop ill have to check where the cheapest cotton shop is and ebay i dont know why i didnt think of it before. Becouse i have had including this one 3 kids and i m/s in 4 years i have put on a bit of weight i fit most 16 but looking size 18 so can be a bit hard to get the right size im after bond maternity bras in size 18 d ( dd soon) the largest i can find is 16dd at BW maybe bond outlet it finding the time hey. Thanks heaps it felt good to let it out lol lol lol

Hi Kittykat
    I've been wearing the daggy baggy stuff at home and I bought a couple of (regular person LOL) stretchy singlet tops 3 sizes bigger than normal at Kmart. When I want to look a bit more special, I wear one of my pre-preggo sheer button up over-shirts unbuttoned over the top for a smart or elegant look and it covers the serious curves while showing off the bump IYKWIM.

Hi,

Do you have a Pumpkin Patch factory direct outlet anywhere near you?

I have bought all my maternity clothes from there and they have been reasonably priced, nice and also really good quality.

I have gotten tops ranging anywhere from $5 to $30, average about $15. And pants i have gotten for average $20. If you look hard enough you can find bargains at $5 and $10.

i think that there is a pumkin patch outlet down the coast at southport i will have to check into that i have thought of pumkin patch but thought that i would still be to expensive even at a outlet.

kittykat

There is a Pumpkin Patch outlet shop at Harbour Town in Runaway Bay - it's really easy to get to, jump off the h'way at Helensvale South, head down Brisbane Rd and it's a little way down on the left. Only about 40 mins from Bris city if that

Yesterday i found that Valleygirl of all places had quite a few goodies suited for us preg ladies. I bought a couple of loose and stretchy dresses all light-weight material, some long, comfy tops and a pair of 3/4 pants with a wide elastic waist. All for $100.