thread: What were your results for NT scan?

Nov 2006
    Melbourne

Question What were your results for NT scan?

We had this a few weeks ago for baby no.2 and the results were something like 1:4200. I actually can't remember for DD what hers were - I think around the 3000 mark so was surprised that this time there is less risk seeing I am 2 years older.

Also how low or high can the results go? Is 4000 normal? I know the ob said ti was all fine but there are so many numbers to remember I was just wondering.

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

from scan alone is was something like 1:2900, combined with bt was 1:75000

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Great result Jordie, I think it doesn't really matter once you get up in the big numbers, they might as well say "one in a gazillion chance".

Nov 2008
    Perth

That's a good result!! Remember your age is only one factor so don't be too surprised although you're a bit older now.

Our results were ridiculously low. We were 1 in about 13900 I think. The doctor said 14000 is considered as 'infinity' and described us as 'impossible risk' - LOL!

Oct 2008

JordieC the results are considered low risk if you are 1:300 or higher (bigger number). High risk is below 1:300 (smaller number). So your results are fantastic! Rest easy.

Well we were a bit on the other end of the scale! Ours was 1:103. Yikes. Had to wait three weeks for an amnio; got the all clear about a week ago. Thank God.

Sep 2008
    South West Sydney, NSW

Mine were:

Maternal age risk - 1:897 (trisomy 21) 1:1657 (other trisomies)
    Adjusted risk (after blood tests & scans) - 1:17933 (trisomy 21) 1:36677 (other trisomies)

Jan 2009
    Central Coast

Congrats on the all clear Rommy'sMummy
    Our results were 1:22000, I didn't even think it could go up that far!!
    People asked me why I was having one as I'm so young, but whats wrong with just making sure I say? Plus it gave me an opportunity to see what my baby looked like at 12 weeks!
    But yes your results are very good JordieC, you don't have anything to worry about

Jan 2008
    Country Victoria

I was pg with DD at 25 and my results were 1:3 chance of down syndrome. We had to wait 4 weeks to have an amnio. We were given the all clear 2 days later thanks to a FISH test only to be called 2 weeks later with the news that with further testing they had found that our DD did not have down syndrome but she did have a rare chromosome 5q deletion.
    Last edited by DaintreeDream; April 14th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.

Nov 2006

I was 26 at time of conception. I think for my age the stats were about 1:900ish my results came back 1:17000something. I never had nt done first time around so i have nothing to compare it to. So while there is still a risk it's pretty low. We decided to have done because one of dh's cousins twins had down syndrome (twins were born about the same time as our dd so before that there was no family history). Apparently the fact they had a kid with it it didn't affect our chances.

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

DS was something like 1:16000.

This little one came back 1:2 Trisomy 21 and 1:6 Trisomy 18. Not good one bit.

Just like Rommy, we had to wait AAAAAAAAAAAges for an amnio and the results came back all clear two weeks later!! Well done Rommy, I was wondering how you'd gone!! I can atest to this waiting and potential decision making being pure hell on Earth.

So your numbers are extremely good. Even really dodgy numbers like mine can come good - so haven't a thing to worry about.

Nov 2007
    Southwest Syd

Ours were 1.360 we opted for an amnio but everything was fine.

BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

Feb 2005
    canberra

I didn't have the NT for Maria but for Fia the adjusted result came back 1:156 - very scary, I didn't have any extra testing but at the 20 week scan they looked at her heart very closely to make sure there were no problems.

Sep 2008
    hervey bay

nt scan

my test results came back as 1 in 94.. eeeeek.... went for an amnio a week later..... got the all clear 3 weeks later..... and its a girl...

Oct 2008
    Canning Vale, Perth

The risk for downs syndrome isnt based entirely on age as many people think, i think getting one for 'peace of mind' is fine, not trying to scare anyone but just remember even if your odds are 'low risk' there is still a chance of having a baby with chromosomal problems.
    also, one type of down syndrome IS hereditary (there are 3 types) but it is the rarest form of ds
    im only aware of this because my mum works for the down syndrome association and my brother has down syndrome so have been brought up with all the facts and fiction

Jul 2013

How did you go with the pregnancy and now young toddler if you decided to proceed