Thread: Whats a 'show'?

Default Whats a 'show'?

I have seen the term show used quite a lot in threads where girls are discussing labour etc. and I have no idea what it means :-s

Could some one please enlighten me?

Thanks

Melinda Guest

Serena,

When you fall PG, a mucousy-type plug forms in the cervix. When the cervix starts to dilate during the early stages of labour, this plug starts to come out and is called a 'show'. It is rather mucousy and can be a bit bloody. It unfortunately doesn't mean that you'll give birth right away though - it can be up to 2 weeks before the baby makes it's grand entrance!!

Well desscribed by Mel!

I had 'a show" about 2 weeks before Olivia was born....about the size of a 20cent peice and it was like a blob of snot with a bit of blood tinge through it.............

Melinda Guest

I just wanted to add that I actually didn't lose mine until I was in labour in hospital with Jacob and it was a LOT more than the size of a 20c piece LOL!!!

katanya Guest

Mine came out over a few days and it was like a bloody muscusy period..still didn't make him come out..he stayed in there and I was induced 3 days later..

It's the type of bleeding you WANT to see at the end of pregnancy

Thanks heaps girls

I remember hoping out of bed one morning and i felt a 'pop' - i then discovered it was my show. I remember ringing my mum and she screamed 'ahhh your in labour' - DD didnt rear her head until 36 hours later, but i recall a delighted feeling all day that my baby was soon to arrive !!!!! So yes seenabeena - a show is a mighty good thang !!!!