Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you find out the sex and how were they able to tell and how acurate?

Default When did you find out the sex and how were they able to tell and how acurate?

Just wondering at what stage you found out the sex and how acurate it was. At our U/s at 19wks the tech said "she couldn't see anything sticking out so it could be a girl" but couldn't be definate. My OB said he would do a quick scan at our next appoint (Next Fri) if we couldn't find out at the big u/s. So my question is this, is looking for a penis the only way they tell the sex? Surely this would be hard to see at most 18-20wk u/s. How did your tech tell the sex and how acurtate were they. Thanks

At around 16 weeks i had an ultrasound, but my obs wasnt able to tell us the sex because Ben's "legs were crossed". So at 19 weeks we tried again, and found out our little baby was a boy. She was 98% sure. I think its much more difficult to confirm a girl, because there is always a risk that the boy bits could be hidden. Apparently a boys bits looks like a hot dog, and the girls, a hamburger... And im pretty sure the only way they can tell, is the penis (or lack-of).

We found out at the 20 wk scan. When the sonographer pointed out what she was looking at, it was pretty plain that he was a boy. I got her to doublecheck this week and yep, he's still a boy. I have heard that they sometimes check the internal organs too - a girl would have ovaries but a boy wouldn't. Not sure if this is correct or not.

Thanks, hoping our baby is in the right position on Friday!

We found out that Alexzander was a boy at 20weeks & once the ultrasound tech pointed out the bits, it was very obvious. I had great pleasure showing off the video to my family pointing out his boy parts

We found out at 16 weeks when i had the scan done for the amnio and that was confirmed when we got the rests.
    I think a lot of it also depends on the person doing the scan.

I found out at my 20 week scan with Noah that he was a boy and could see it very clearly. Looked like marbles on the screen

With Tehya we found out at 19 weeks. The lady told us she was 85% cure that she was a girl. The cord was between her legs, btu she was still pretty sure. I had another scan the week later and had a different lady and asked her again and she told me the same thing. Cord have moved and she could see clearly.

Just looks like fold of skin down there. On the pics it looks like 3 lines, pretty much what it is.

I found out this time at my 18 week scan.
    Bubs was in the "perfect" position, and the sonographer zoomed in on the groin area, and you could tell the perfect outline of little testes and a penis. He told me that he could not 100% guarentee a sex very often at all,,,,but he could ours. he said there is no doubt at all, and after he zoomed in,,,,,it was just so plainly obvious that we are having another little boy

I found out at 24 week scan - the doctor and the tech were both about 90% sure it was a girl, and when they showed me, it was quite obvious that it was girl bits.

With Nick we found out at our 18 week u/s and the sonogropher was 98% sure he was a boy
    We didn't find out with Ryan, and this one had it's back to us for the whole ultrasound so she couldn't see

I had a scan at 19 weeks and they based their decision on a bone measurement (the cord was between the legs). I got told 80% chances it's a.... My OB told me at those odds she wouldn't go buying gender specific items. So now we have to wait until the birth!!! Unless I have another scan which is pretty unlikely for me as I have no need...

Hope your bub gets it the right position and shows the world!

MG

We found out through the CVS that we had and with those tests, they are 100% accurate. We saw bub today at 16 weeks, but couldnt tell through the u/s.

Thanks for all your responses, I guess it all comes down to position. Hoping this bubba is in the right possy

*Kristee* Guest

I had an ultrasound done at 19weeks and was told they were 99 sure it was a girl, i had them double check at 38weeks and yes it was still a girl we actually got to see the girly bits...so yes they were right.
    But i have heard of stories where they have got it wrong.

We found out at 18 weeks 5 days that Jesse was a boy and well you couldnt miss his "boy" bits. I got a dvd of the ultrasound and played it over and over and yep hes a boy.

I found out at 12 weeks that we are having a boy but he could only give us an 80% accuracy so we'll see if he is correct at 19 weeks.

Last year we were pregnant with twin girls but unfortunately lost them at 22 weeks due to an incompetent cervix. During their pregnancy the sonographer was nearly 100% sure with one girl at 12 weeks and 80% sure with our other girl and then confirmed their sex at 19 weeks. I guess it depends on how confident the sonographer is.

Linda

We were told at 12 weeks that they could be 90% sure it was a boy.
    Confirmed at 19 weeks.
    Normally I would have taken the prediction at 12 weeks with a grain of salt, but as I had the u/s done at a clinic who only do female u/s (Ob & Gyn) and we actually had the professor do ours, I was a little more confident.
    Anyway I guess we won't know for sure for another 5 1/2 weeks or so!

Wow linda and Lotus Im not the only one then!

We were told 90% sure of the sex yesterday at my 13 week scan so Im hanging out till my 18 week scan to see if he was right!

He is very experienced and only does pregnancy u/s so he should know his stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast