Thread: when do braxton hicks start

clare076 Guest

Default when do braxton hicks start

From memory with Shelby I started getting them around 26 weeks (although didn't know that was what they were at the time) For the past 2 weeks I have noticed my tummy going tight, mainly after having a pee but sometimes just when I am walking around or sitting down relaxing. If I am laying down my tummy goes rock hard and my uterus really stands out, after a while it all sort of relaxes. Does this sound like BH? Isn't it oo early to be getting them at 18 weeks?

Sounds like BH to me. But it does sound early though to be getting them at 19 weeks. But having said that it could be totally normal, I'm just not sure. But it definately sounds like them to me. Hopefully someone else can help you out a little better.

Babushka Doll Guest

Yep, sounds like BH to me too. I started getting them pretty early as this is my first pregnancy, from memory around 20 wks onwards.
    Now at 36 weeks they are just so strong and annoying and make me feel im going to wet myself each time if im walking, and if im sleeping/laying down I find it hard to breath until they pass...

Good Luck Clare.

I have started noticing BH contractions much earlier this time too, since about last week, which would have made me 19 and a bit weeks. They aren't annoying like they will surely get later on - just noticibly hard as a rock.

Ive had them every day since about 24 weeks - and I mean a number of times every day! The joys!

I've been getting a fair few BHs every day since 19 weeks, which I thought was a bit early, but I guess not!

Defintely sounds like BHs Clare, congrats hun!

becmc Guest

I have been getting funny feeling for the last 3 weeks. Don't know if it is bh because I never got them with ds, but it is usually a couple of times a day, mostly at night, when i am walking that I just get a strange feeling that kind of takes my breath away and my tummy is tight??? When I stop walking they stop after about 20-30 seconds. I am 22 weeks. Any ideas?? I am not sure if it just bubs jumping around when I stand up.

Does everybody feel them? I'm 31 weeks and don't think I've felt any.

I have had very low faint period pains for the past few days but thought that was my ligaments stretching.

I didnt feel them with DS but i started getting them around 22 weeks maybe once or twice a week...my belly would drop, get really tight, my heart would race and id get extremely breathless than after i sat down or took a couple of good deep breathes id be ok.
    Now i am 32 weeks and they are coming just about everyday usually when im trying to tidy up or do shopping anything a bit more strenuous then usual...im sure ive scared a few fellow shoppers while im out and about grabbing my belly and breathing deeply

Twoyearwait, I have a friend who never felt any BHs with either of her pgs, so I would say that not everyone feels them!