Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When do stretch marks happen?

Gotta disagree with you on your theory Meg I have always been pretty well the same size since about Yr 11 & when I was pg all I got was a few on my hips & boobs. There is nothing at all on my stomach & by the time I had Zander at 41w I was pretty darn big LOL!

I got heaps on my stomach and the top of my thighs and my mum also got heaps when she was pregnant. Mine started showing at around 30 weeks I guess? I also used cocoa butter on my tummy from the very start and still do, some are fading I have noticed.

I heard that it doesn't what cream/lotion/potion you use, you'll get them regardless if you were meant to get them.

I hated the thought of getting them and now it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I still use the cocoa butter as it is such a lovely product!

Melinda Guest

My Mum didn't get any stretchmarks during either of her PG's, yet there I was with a belly full LOL.

It's all to do with the elasticity of your skin.....if your skin is 'stretchy' then you will most likely escape them, but if your skin isn't very stretchy, then you will probably get them.........this is what I've heard anyway! I obviously don't have stretchy skin...LOL

I got away with only a few under my bb's until about 32 weeks, then I got them on one side of my tummy. I didnt' use anything at all to prevent them...I'm too lazy

8-[ Ok Well I confess... My Mum has none, my sisters don't have any & I don't have any pregnancy stretchmarks...
    I do have some small silver ones on my lower back/hips (those big huggable bits!) & upper thighs from being a swimming champ for years at schjool & got huge muscly legs & thighs, then found out about the other sex & quit swimming & it all turned to mush!

lol flea about being too lazy!!

tracey, im jealous. maybe i'll just get lucky.... :-k

I expected to get stretch marks as I went from being 52kgs to 72kgs at 41 weeks pregnant, I was carrying a very big baby and was all out front and I`m only small myself .

Yep, was sure my theory would be proved wrong!! Maybe it's because I did stretch earlier, that it is not so noticeable now. After reading all the posts I have to say that Im not too concerned. It's not often anyone sees my body , apart from DH, and as long as I get the weight off eventually, Im sure I'll be happy. Good luck to everyone though, pregnancy is sucha weird time for our bodies. ALot happens at once!! I am currently itching all the time (boobs and tummy) and don't know what to do about that. any ideas??

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Linda

I didnt have any stretch marks until about a day before Joshuas due date. He was over by 10 days. They are only silvery though and you can hardly notice them now :-)

Goodluck and I hope you remain stretch mark free

Love

Jen

meg, when i bought a pump pack of palmers stretch mark cream i got a free sample of palmers soothing oil for itching skin. i havent used it yet as i havent needed to, but it sounds like it might help?

jen - one day before he was born!!!! #-o that just doesnt seem fair!!!

Linda

davvie Guest

I have had stretchies on my breasts for years (oh the joys of large breasts) and thought I would have them for sure on my belly. Im 34wks and so far none at all. But like some of you other ladies, im sure they are bound to make an appearence near the end!!

I have been using cocoa butter on my belly from 16wks so not sure if its helping but at least I smelly yummy

hi girls, i've been using palmers stretch mark lotion since the day i found out i was pregnant, and thank goodness none have shown up. my mum doesn't have any after having 3 kids and she puts it down to massage cream twice a day for the whole 9 months. i hope i'm just as lucky!

i can't see the underside of my belly anymore so i try and get DH to check it out in the bathroom... but he says he doesn't wanna look cause he'll still love me whether or not they show up. gosh he can be a sweetheart sometimes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12