Thread: When does fertilisation and implantation occur?

Default When does fertilisation and implantation occur?

Good morning

Sorry if this is too technical or anything, but does anyone know how long after O does fertilisation happen? How long after that does Implantation happen?

Just wondering.. have been thinking about this all day yesterday heheeh

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, which Im sure it has.. (I couldnt find it?)

Thanks

goldilocks Guest

Karina, I think it varies from woman to woman. I was told that implantation occurs from 7-10 DPO but my little bubba didn't implant until 12DPO (got a very obvious implantation bleed at that time)!

Fertilisation occurs sometime between O'ing and implantation obviously, but I can't tell you exactly when! LOL

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Cool, Thanks for your replies!

Thanks! So does the hcg start after implantation then, and then after the hcg starts this is when you can get a positive HPT?

Ooopsie, I meant does your body produce the HCG only after implantation ?

Should do, as it's a baby by-product. Didn't stop my DH from thinking I had an hCG secreting tumour though! I can't think of any cases of that, so all his fears were unfounded.

Oh dear, a hcg secreting tumour? Thats an interesting one.

So obviously this all means that you would only be able to get a positive HPT or blood test after implantation has occured?

I believe so. The baby would have to implant, however weakly, before it could affect the mummy, so you'd have to wait for implantation.

Oooh how does FF know when implantation happened? Mine doesnt give me this info. Do they only give you this info when you have the paid membership thingy?
    I'd be interested to know when baby implanted.

Hi Karina. FF doesn't always pick up implantation (based on your temps), so in some cases won't even mention it (it doesn't matter if you have paid membership or not). As long as you have a positive HPT, then implantation has definitely happened.

All the best for your pregnancy!

Brooke - Congratulations!!! I knew it'd happen for you sooner rather than later!!!

Excellent thanks for your replies!