Thread: When should I be worried?

Default When should I be worried?

Hi girls-
    I have the common concern, and altho' I know it's probably ok this time, I wondered what others have experienced. I had a scan yesterday (7 weeks) and it showed a healthy heartbeat and a gorgeous baby. This morning I had a small amount (only when I wiped) of brown spotting. I'm hoping it's just from the scan yesterday, and trying to stay calm. This is my first pregnancy, and I'm worried about miscarriage.

So my question is-- when should I be worried? Is there a certain amount of blood that indicates miscarriage (or that something's wrong), the length of time spotting continues... As I said, this time I'm hoping it's just from the scan yesterday, but having never had a miscarriage I'm wondering when (and if) I need to react.

I know I'm paranoid -- I seem to have paranoid days every now and then since being pregnant. Not sure what that's about.

Don't worry, I still have paranoid moments too and I'm over halfway! I don't think it stops until the baby is out...lol.
    If it's just brown blood I wouldn't worry too much, as it indicates that it is old blood. I wouldn't start to worry unless it is red blood ("new" blood) or you get cramping as well. Having said that I've been fortunate enough not to have any spotting/bleeding, so it's probably easy for me to say "don't worry" iykwim. I know it's hard not to worry about every little thing! Good luck and I hope it all goes well, it's so amazing seeing the little heart beating away in there, for me it was a bit surreal, like wow that is actually inside me!!

oh being paranoid doesnt stop when bub is out!!! it will never end.

I wouldnt be worried. Brown blood is old blood. If you are in pain or the bleeding turns to bright red then head in and get checked out. You have seen a heartbeat so the chance of misscarriage is VERY low now. Sounds like bub is growing just nicely. Yes the blood could be from the scan yesterday (guessing you had an internal) but i still don t think it anything to worry about..

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Hollye's right, if you had a internal scan the blood could be from that!
    But than i would always play it safe and if your concerned or it continues than i would get it checked out - my first M/C started as very tiny brown spots! and it was after we saw a heartbeat. You can never be too safe! Tho chances are all will be fine!
    And as Hollye said being paranoid never stops! once your pregnant and ur a mum u worry about everything! hehehe