Thread: when is too early for a baby shower?

Default when is too early for a baby shower?

when is too early for a baby shower? DH an i will hopefully be moving town before i am due in january. the thing is we have not idea when, it might be in a month or it migh be in five. i know my friends want to through me a baby shower (and i really want one), but my question to you girls is 'how early is too early in you pregnancy to have one?"

i am 15 and a half weeks at the moment, and i was thinking at the earliest about four weeks time - but is that too early?

Misty = are you having a 18wk-22wk scan; if so, are you planning on finding out the sex of the baby? Perhaps if that's the case, you can plan a baby shower for just after that and then people will have an idea of what to buy you?

Personally, I don't think once you're about 20wks it's too early for a baby shower! You're past the 'high risk' period of your pregnancy and likely past the yucky M/S stage. I'd much rather a baby shower around 20wks than 32wks when you're starting to feel like a beached whale! *L*

misty i agree with bec, it wouldnt be too early at all and you should be past your MS

and there are no 'rules' anyway. it is just a jun time for people to celebrate with you in this exciting time,

have fun!!

Linda

I agree with Bec too, I don't think it will be too early either. Go for it and enjoy.

I had my baby shower at about 24 weeks. Do it whenever it suits you. I don't think anyone really minds, besides, it gives you more time to work out whats left that you need to buy.