Thread: When was your baby head down???

*Nessa* Guest

Question When was your baby head down???

Ok i know i am only 29 weeks but i had a scan on wed and bubs is breach atm.

She seems to be very comfy there and love to kick my cervix, which is getting very painful. I can always feel her head up in my rib cage and dont get any kicks up high.

I remember with my other girls they were head down at about this time already.

when did you baby turn?? and go head down??

i am getting worried as she is going to run out of room to turn soon and i know they say they would like you to be head down at around 32 weeks.

I am already going to start crawling around on all fours to encourage her. and thing else i can do atm??

My last bubs was breach till about 30/31 wks I think. Yes, I had those lovely cervix kicks also!! That is how I knew he had turned cause all of a sudden the kicks changed!! Then he remained head down once he had turned. Good luck!!!

vanessa chanel was breach from 30 weeks until about 32 ... and she finally turned by 36 when i was induced i guess it was a bit squashy in there for them both but she managed to turn for me thank god... ive also heard if you bend over and kneel your baby turns. Hope that helps a bit.

Ellibam Guest

dont sit on your couch! get a ball and always sit on that! try not to slouch! hands and knees is great for getting bubs in to position i recommend scrubbing your floors with a small scrubbing brush the stretching and wobbling all helps.

and research breech birthing because some times they just dont want to turn!
    although this being your 3rd baby every thing is very stretched and bubs has plenty of room to do its somersults and half pikes!hehe

First bub was head down at my 20 week scan and stayed that way.

Second bub was all over the place, he was always breech or transverse until he finally turned head down at 32 weeks and he stayed down then.

Don't stress yet your bub still has plenty of time and it's not uncommon for second/third etc babies to move into position much later - your uterus has alot more "give" having had a baby before so they can easily move around for longer. While ever baby still has a fair bit of room they are going to continue flipping no matter what you do. If still not head down at 32-34 weeks that's when I'd start trying to turn her.

Both Kameron and Lach were head down at 30 weeks. With Ashton was later than that again and i was told at my appointment before I had him the following week that he still wasn't head down

nix was head down at 32 weeks then breech after that , then about 39 he was head down but got stuck somewhere along the way , hence my c sec ..

BUT i do agree that this is your 3rd it knows what its doing and has heaps of time to get head down ...

dont stress ....

Jack was head down from about 34 weeks. Tom wasn't head down at my last ob appt (34 wks I think), but was by the time I got to the hossy in labour (36wks+2). I think subsequent bubs often only go head down during labour.

This bub was breech until this week... 34 weeks! They were already talking to me about c/s and all.... I sat up and forward as much as possible. and floated tummy down in water a lot too...

Good luck, and try not to stress... PLENTY of time yet!

*Nessa* Guest

I keep forgetting that its #3 baby and they always do things later

thanks for all your rpelies and will relax for at least another 5 weeks

My bub was transverse at 26 weeks then he was head down at 32 weeks and he has stayed that way. My OB said they can turn until 36 weeks.

Nina was head down and starting to engage at 32 weeks. This bub has been head down since 18 weeks, still is. I'm really worried she'll turn at the last minute and go breech! eeeek!