Thread: Where do you feel kicks?

Default Where do you feel kicks?

I'm currently 30 wks and bubs is breech, even though I know there is plenty of time for bubs to turn I will be trying to encourage her to turn over the come weeks. My first was always breech so I know what a breech baby feels like but I don't know what a non breech baby feels like. For babies that are head down where do you feel the kicks the most? Hoping I will be able to tell if bubs has turned by where the kicks are.

I am only 18 weeks and so this probably doesn't help but I am feeling kicks down lower rather than up high. But occasionally the kicks are in the middle or higher up my womb.

They can turn right up to the last days cant they?

Rachel

The feeling of a foot in my ribs always lets me know when mine is bottoms up. Although I swear this one is trying to force her way out because I get the feet in the ribs, then this huge thump on the cervix. But the small feet lumps in the ribs is really my best indicator because this little sqirmer causes movement everywhere.

I'm 30 weeks also, not exactly sure on bubs position but generally feel most kicks up high and often in the ribs, but do get the odd belt down low which is not good when you have to pee! lol.

Up high in the rib cage. Also we could feel bub's knees on each side of my stomach as they were these hard spots.

This time like you its a breech. I pretty much only get kicks in the pelvis area, ocassionally to the side but never above belly button. This baby was the right way breifly and i got kicks in my rib cage.

Unless it turns while you are sleeping you will probably feel it turn. I did when it turned down and again when it turned up. It was trying to turn on the weekend too but seems to get stuck halfway round and go back. It's quite an event for this bubba to turn at this stage so i doubt i'd miss it.

I`m 30 weeks and can feel bubs kicks up high, I also know what way he is lying as I`d either get kicks on the left or right hand side, I can also feel bubs spine and little bottom.

When he was bottom down I was getting kicks low down and often in the cervix, ouchy.

high near my ribs = owwww when she stretches and flutters lower when she moves her arms

I don't feel individual kicks in my right ribs, just a constant mind-shattering pain :-)

Thanks everyone, sounds like I will definitely know the difference if bubs turns coz all the kicks I get are very low and feel a head near my ribs.

Hi Bridee,

this has nothing to do with your post but just wanted to chat with you about the baby's restricted cord flow with single Umbilical artery.
    I had another gowth scan today, size looks ok but the umbilical artery PI and RI is way below average, PI is 1.04 and RI is 0.65 - I have no idea what this means! Thought you might be able to help or tell me about how you were diagnosed with restricted cord flow.
    thanks so much! we seem to keep having the same things!

Stella'sMum

Stellasmum - how similar our pregnancies are! I can't really help you with the figures they said them in passing but that was it. What I know is the Dr doing the ultrasound said there was high blood flow in the cord, which we took as being a positive but it meant there was high pressure in the cord making it difficult for the blood to flow. Sorry not much help. The only positive was it seemed to correct itself by the next scan, which was a fortnight later.

I'm having another scan tomorrow so will see if anything has changed again. A little update from me, saw my OB on Wednesday and from the scan he did it suggested the baby had not grown at all in the fortnight, hence he is sending me for a detailed scan tomorrow. I'm yet to be convinced, I think his ultrasound machine may calculate the estimated weight differently than where we get the detailed scan done but will just have to wait and see. I feel the baby grown - I'm not feeling more uncomfortable for no reason! OB did say he was very happy with the amount of aminotic fluid so that is a positive but he didn't look at the blood flow that will be done tomorrow. Will let you know how the scan goes tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow bridee! I hope it all goes really well.

I sent my doctor an email asking if he could give any explanation about the result. He said that PI and RI are measures of resistance. Thus meaning that there is little resistance of cord flow. He said he would be concerned if the situation was reversed, and said not to worry, he thinks all is good. Does that sound the same as you?

Let me know how you go

Stella'sMum

No not the same as mine - complete opposite I had the high resistance therefore something to worry about but as I said it seemed to correct itself within the fortnight. Will see what it is doing today.

All the best today, will be thinking of you

Stellasmum - well good news from the scan turns out the baby has put on about 300gms in the fortnight and gone from the 10th% to the 15th% and fluid and blood flow are all within normal range so nothing to worry about . Saw OB after scan and he was happy just said his machine is as accurate as the detailed scan. I go back to see OB in 2 weeks. Said he will do a scan and if anything is of real concern then will do the same as he did this week and send for a detailed scan but he said he really didn't want to send me every 2 weeks for a big scan.

Yay! Great news!! how far along are you now? Getting down to the business end im sure.
    So glad everything is going well - isn't it great to have a good scan for a change!
    Have a lovely weekend and keep me updated in the next few weeks.

I'm 31+4 weeks so certainly on the count down now. Anything past 34weeks is a bonus given that was our aim from the start. I'm currently on a mission to get bubs to turn from breech position - I saw a chiro during the week who says 80% success rate of getting babies to turn so hopefully it will work.

Have a good weekend. Oh, by the way what part of Aus do you live?

Yes, 34 weeks would be great. Looks like you'll be past there in no time.

I live about an hour south of Sydney in Camden. I was talking to a girl the other day whose baby was breech, she went to the same ob as me. Apparantly he is able to 'turn the baby' around? Not sure how, but he did this for her, but three days later the baby had moved back again!

All the best, keep me updated